View Single Post
Old 27-09-2017, 11:49

Chayan Manna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor12911 View Post
I think putting games and their methods here is a terrible idea because there are so many of them, the wise solution to this is narrowing down the field, game engines for example or picking games as a series. for example, all Assassins Creed games are lzo compressed, use the method plzo+srep+lzma for all, because listing all the AC series just makes the thread difficult to read or the index you're suggesting.
For example I already see GTAIV and Max Payne 3, next we'll probably see GTAV, what we could have said all in all is pzlib+srep+lzma for all games that use the RAGE Engine which is what they use.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockst...ed_Game_Engine
there is the list of games, what people could do is
put an engine with the link on a site like wikipedia that has list of games then put the method that should be used.
Yeah, I agree with you, but there are some games which use same engine but same methods couldn't be applied on them.
For Example: Crysis 2 & Crysis 3 use same engine, which is Cry Engine 3 but pZLib can precompress Crysis 2 & for Crysis 3, the files are encrypted. So they must be decrypeted first before using any compression.
I know this is not a good example but it occurs sometimes.