View Single Post
Old 04-12-2001, 01:10

CarponlineEditor
Oh well I will carry on the thread on my own then sob, lol

Right this is as far as ive got so far

I have managed to work out which ide ports, cables, drives etc to put these cd drives in.

I have also worked out that device manager says that both cd drives (reader & writer) are working okay. I have also worked out that the cd writer recognises the cd disc which i place into it. Also the software will do a write test and says it is okay to format or make into a data cd.

Then when i try to do an ordinary format to use the blank cd it says medium not ready. If i use adaptec cd creator it will run through the write test, say it is fine and then start to write to the cd, then it comes up with this lot:

T7303: TrackWriter error - Undefined or invalid parameter
T7303: TrackWriter error - Undefined or invalid parameter
T7118: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed
D0100: I/O error (05/64/09) - sense code 0x64
D0100: I/O error (05/2C/00) - Command error - commands not issued in sequence

I am not sure but I have looked at the above info and it may have something to do with IRQ settings but i know not a lot about them or the I/O thingymagigs either. Any ideas??

A bit of info that you may need. I am using windows 98, the cd writer is a Hewlett Packard 7200i, the cd drive is a Goldstar 16 speed, which now mostly works fine. Not very good stuff but all i have at the moment.

I have a p200 cpu with 64mb ram, errr the software is adaptec cd creator, anything else you need to know please feel free to ask okay.

Oh and thanks again for trying,

Andy