FileForums

FileForums (https://fileforums.com/index.php)
-   PS2 Games (https://fileforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   PS2 Memory Card Reformat (https://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=35456)

charlie_ps2 31-07-2002 15:48

PS2 Memory Card Reformat

There have been many unanswered posts putting the question "How do I reformat my PS2 Memory Card?".

After searching several forums, I finally got the answer on Isonews and successfully tried this procedure. You will need Datel Memory Manager Plus. The method does not work with GS2/AR2 v2.

To format your memory card, boot your PS2 with the Datel Memory Manager Plus CD. You will need to move over to the options (left arrow) menu and press all four shoulder buttons (L1, L2, R1, and R2) on your controller. This will prompt you to format your memory card and erase all data on that card.

Netslider 30-09-2002 11:35

Well, it works with AR2 V2.
You just have to select the memory card unit to format and then press L1+L2+R1+R2+square. It will prompt you to format the memory card and you just have to choose yes.
But this isn't very useful if you have a problem like I do.
If your AR2 created a corrupted file on your memory card, you won't be able to delete it with the PS2 Browser and if you select it with AR2 or Mega Memory Manager Plus it crashes and you can't do anything.
So, is there any other way to format the memory card?

Don 09-10-2002 01:58

Hi, do I need to format my newly bought memory card?
I haven't use the card yet.
And what is the purpose of formatting it?
Thanks.

charlie_ps2 09-10-2002 15:34

Quote:

Originally posted by Don
Hi, do I need to format my newly bought memory card?
I haven't use the card yet.
And what is the purpose of formatting it?
Thanks.

Format it only if it's phucked - jammed up.

Forget it if it's new.

Don 09-10-2002 17:06

Quote:

Originally posted by charlie_ps2
Format it only if it's phucked - jammed up.

Forget it if it's new.

But I load it with a game for the 1st time, the game prom
me to format the memory card when checking the memory card.
Well, it is new & original.

HimuraKenshinX 14-05-2004 11:45

Is there a way to format your memory card if it:

Shows up with No Data on it
Has 1408kb free
Won't save in any games
Won't take copied data
Isn't recognized by the AR MAX

I would like to do it without buying anything else, if possible.

If worse comes to worse, I'll buy a new card and switch it out when I get the prompt to format it... will that work?

Netslider 14-05-2004 12:18

As I couldn't do anything with Action Replay, I searched the net until I found a little too called Memory Card Utility (aka QA Tool). You need something to run backups in order to use this. It is a very handy tool, you can format a memory card, unformat it, exchange saves between the PC and PS2 using the network adapter, create dummy saves(I see no use for this one), see the content of the memory card, and some other things.
I don't know where I got it from, but if you search on Goolgle you should find it.

khafan 14-05-2004 12:27

You can format the memory card with ps2newz MCKiller, currently their site is down, so get the tool from here,
http://www.geocities.com/khafansh3/ps2newz_mckiller.zip

HimuraKenshinX 14-05-2004 13:29

Quote:

Originally posted by Netslider
As I couldn't do anything with Action Replay, I searched the net until I found a little too called Memory Card Utility (aka QA Tool). You need something to run backups in order to use this. It is a very handy tool, you can format a memory card, unformat it, exchange saves between the PC and PS2 using the network adapter, create dummy saves(I see no use for this one), see the content of the memory card, and some other things.
I don't know where I got it from, but if you search on Goolgle you should find it.

So is that Memory Card Utility something I have to buy? If so, where would I buy it and how much? I'm looking for something a little more straight-forward console using...

Same with that MCKiller. How would I even go about using that?

Unless either of these things are something I can burn to a CD and shove into my PS2... I don't know if it's feasible for me at this point? Suggestions?

khafan 14-05-2004 13:38

you should burn the mckiller on cd (it's a cue/bin image) and load it in ps2, it'll format the memory card in slot1.

HimuraKenshinX 14-05-2004 22:25

Quote:

Originally posted by khafan
you should burn the mckiller on cd (it's a cue/bin image) and load it in ps2, it'll format the memory card in slot1.
Question: I'm getting a disc read error for it (red screen "not a Playstation disc")... any helpful fixes for this... I want this MCkiller to work.

Netslider 14-05-2004 23:59

You don't have to buy it, it's a free tool, just search for it with Google, download it, burn, and use it.
I don't know about MCKiller, but I had no problems with the QA Tool, but I do sometimes experience problems with very small CDs, and I found that if you extract the files from the cd image and burn them along with a file of about 4Mb or something there are no problems.

HimuraKenshinX 15-05-2004 07:40

Quote:

Originally posted by Netslider
You don't have to buy it, it's a free tool, just search for it with Google, download it, burn, and use it.
I don't know about MCKiller, but I had no problems with the QA Tool, but I do sometimes experience problems with very small CDs, and I found that if you extract the files from the cd image and burn them along with a file of about 4Mb or something there are no problems.

I'm having problems finding this QA Tool Memory Card Utility thing... I'm coming up with nothing on google.

khafan 15-05-2004 08:17

Quote:

Originally posted by HimuraKenshinX
Question: I'm getting a disc read error for it (red screen "not a Playstation disc")... any helpful fixes for this... I want this MCkiller to work.
burn the image at 4x speed, also you should have a modchip in your ps2 to load the disk.

lufcfan 15-05-2004 15:14

You can get it from the download section from alucard.cc