so u wont need to use trainers anymore

NUMPAD 1 - Enable GodMode-InfAmmo
NUMPAD 2 - Disable GodMode-InfAmmo
NUMPAD 4 - Enable SlowMotion
NUMPAD 5 - Disable SlowMotion

The GOD Mode put you in Critical Mass so have fun with devastator Attacks

:cool:

edit...
FIXED the pointer i was using isnt the right one now i'm using a pointer that originally was in a readonly memory obviously now it has the permission to write there
edit..
FIXED again :| the patcher was mistakenly modifing image size :) try now and tell me :)

DABhand
25-06-2009, 05:17
Also people make sure you back up the original dll file incase you want to go back and play normally.

ititit
25-06-2009, 05:58
the patcher automatically backups the original DLL :)

DABhand
25-06-2009, 06:36
Ahh well not bad then :)

Caliber
25-06-2009, 09:50
note that if the game undergoes a patch that this prototypeenginef.dll will update and this PATCHER you made will not work any longer (unless you designed it to work with opcode searches)

best,
Cal

ititit
26-06-2009, 01:33
Caliber this patcher works only if the DLL exacly resembles the 1.0.0.1 version
if the game updates the DLL my patcher wont even scratch the DLL
and i will just have to update the Patcher (if i have time obviously)
doing it with opcode searches is pretty hazardous cause in the DLL i add a section called myhook with the code cave and and then i replace the opcodes with jumps
i could have made it to use CALL opcode and RET to jump back but finding the codecave and adjusting CALL opcode to the position is not in my plans

best,
iTiTiT

edit.
the new section in PE file wasnt exacly needed so now the patcher use a big cave present in the DLL from the beginning :)

JimFinlay
26-06-2009, 02:14
Massive thanks for this, I already completed the game on 360 and wanted to mess around playing through again on PC, the trainers I've used so far don't keep you in critical mass (or don't do it very well) whereas this does, so I can use devastators to my heart's content. Cheers! (Also works fine on Windows 7 etc..)

[Psych]
26-06-2009, 02:43
...the trainers I've used so far don't keep you in critical mass (or don't do it very well) whereas this does, so I can use devastators to my heart's content...

There is at least one trainer out that was made with the critical mass in mind. So there's no way you can say "no trainers do this" :P Just search about a bit more.

Caliber this patcher works only if the DLL exacly resembles the 1.0.0.1 version
if the game updates the DLL my patcher wont even scratch the DLL
and i will just have to update the Patcher (if i have time obviously)
doing it with opcode searches is pretty hazardous cause in the DLL i add a section called myhook with the code cave and and then i replace the opcodes with jumps
i could have made it to use CALL opcode and RET to jump back but finding the codecave and adjusting CALL opcode to the position is not in my plans...

As for the patching thing. It's silly IMO. That's exactly the purpose of a trainer. No files are hard-edited with a memory hack. So the ability to turn it off is always there. Suppose at some point during the game you can't progress (for whatever reason) or just don't want it anymore. You have to then quit, revert to the backed-up file. Not sure of the point to it :/ You've certainly hit the nail on the head yourself by saying that :)

ititit
26-06-2009, 04:31
Psych i played the game 100% with that thing and it doesnt corrupt game storyline
i made a patcher cause i like to have cheats always enabled without having to use a trainer
i can easily make a trainer out of it but i dont like trainers
PS.
i hate those fucking promo trainers or those bad made trainers that dont do proper codeshifting and the game crashes to everyone

and if i hardly want to i could make it toggleable i just have to use getAsynckeystate push values to it call it cmp returned value a "je" and it's done
ASM FTW! xD

DABhand
26-06-2009, 05:55
/facepalm

Cal can do codeshifting

ititit
26-06-2009, 06:56
nonono you misunderstood Caliber trainers works perfect
i'm talking about those noobs that release trainers that always do problems

NEW RELEASE that includes the option to toggle cheats
repeat THIS IS NOT A TRAINER IT'S A DLL MOD

[Psych]
26-06-2009, 09:46
Not a trainer... ok :P Modifies in memory... ok.. /facepalm again...

ititit
26-06-2009, 10:43
Psych i really dont understand what do you mean by "Modifies in memory... ok.. /facepalm again..."

anyway your trainers are good too :)
PS.
i'm using 100 bytes for that damn mod it was hella hard to write them into the hex editor
i think that a dll mod with toggleable options is more cute than a trainer
with my thing you start PC, you start game, press KP1 and wow InfLife&InfAmmo

DABhand
26-06-2009, 11:22
What he means is..

no matter the delivery system, be it a hacked file or an engine that looks for keypresses.. its technically a trainer either way.

Caliber
26-06-2009, 12:34
well nice work on it. i don't think we meant to beat you up about this. i was just warning you that when the game patches, the patcher you made might need to be revised, etc. if our trainer is lacking in the critical mass thing, then let me know and maybe i can look at it-

best,
Cal

ititit
26-06-2009, 13:07
caliber when you release your trainer to the public i can say something, but for now i can say that your trainers always worked for me
and the point is that i want to improve my assembly skills so that not your/or_someone_other fault :)

anyway if you want i can tell you where is the right point for the critical mass to always work

i tried Psych/Radiance trainer and the health get filled to 100% only when enemies beat you
on mine the health/mass is always full
idk if your trainer works like mine or like psych one, cause i didnt see/try it :)
"There’s more than one way to skin a cat" said someone that I respect and that helped in the very beginning of my learning :)
PS.
DABhand a trainer is a little software that modifies memory, an hack is a directly modified thing :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_(video_games)#Trainers

best,
iTiTiT

DABhand
26-06-2009, 14:19
DABhand a trainer is a little software that modifies memory, an hack is a directly modified thing :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_(video_games)#Trainers

best,
iTiTiT

I know what a trainer is, I used to make em :P

The only difference between a trainer and an edited file is the trainer does it on the fly. Same results. Its gamehacking either way.

ititit
26-06-2009, 14:23
:) i know you know what a trainer is xD

BTW do u like my work?

DABhand
26-06-2009, 14:45
If it works no matter the delivery method then yes its good enough to like :P

ititit
26-06-2009, 22:49
New Day AND New Release == 1 xD

JosephBlack123
26-06-2009, 23:49
Tried this today after I beat the game on normal (want to finish all the other stuff fast)... Anyway, whenever a game is loaded, prototype crashes. Same version 1.0.0.1, etc, and the patcher didn't complain.

If it matters: Vista 64.

Anyway, thanks for the attempt.

I see various trainers, etc out there, but no sharing in the knowledge. Personally I would like to see something on the order of memory offsets, etc for X, Y, Z... I have done a cpl trainers/save file editors in the past (Diablo's Hellfire Expansion - HellfireGod,..., a memory editor (older OS), etc). I would much prefer to have a sharing of knowledge than to download a trainer. I figure the more time I spend on hacking, the more worth I get out of paying for the game.

BTW:
05073010 offset for EP (current??? - not active HP, but available to spend)
05074070 offset for EP (statics page???)
05073FA0 offset for total EP earned.

I would like to find the locations for the events....

ititit
26-06-2009, 23:54
man i could share with you my memory addresses but i highly doubth that you could use them cause of DMA
i wont share my assembly :) (for now)
it might be a problem of my memory pointer i try to fix this

ititit
27-06-2009, 01:15
pwnt! xD

JosephBlack123 i fixed it (at least i think so) if you can try again...

JosephBlack123
27-06-2009, 12:32
I'll try again this afternoon. Have to go do some things.

Yeah, I hear you on the DMA, but it still gives a starting point or a reference so one doesn't have to do the work all over again.
If you take the starting address for the process (which I forgot to do) and the references, then you should be able to get the offsets for all of the items relative to the starting address.

Also, there is a new trainer using the SC Trainer Engine (+11), that keeps you in critical mass in its god mode, etc. Works well, I just sat at a base and spammed destruction combos :)

ititit
27-06-2009, 14:07
i dont care about trainers i just asked if my patch works...
ok i actually never used DMA address for this thing cause when i found assembly code i did just trash addresses :( for now i wont give my code

jetter10
28-06-2009, 07:26
doesn't work for me

the game runs fine till i load a game it crashes

windows vista,
2GHZ duo core
Nvidia geoforce 9300M GS

ititit
28-06-2009, 15:03
EDITED.
the patcher was mistakenly modifing the image size of the PE file, hope it was that

shoot123
17-07-2009, 08:47
Application crash :

this this is the error message that I have :

Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: prototypef.exe
Version de l’application: 1.0.0.1
Horodatage de l'application: 49ef07ae
Nom du module par défaut: prototypeenginef.dll
Version du module par défaut: 1.0.0.1
Horodateur du module par défaut: 49ef9366
Code de l’exception: c0000005
Décalage de l’exception: 00000330
Version du système: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n°*1: 885a
Information supplémentaire n°*2: a02e10349fc5c22c02954986e14dcff7
Information supplémentaire n°*3: 0df4
Information supplémentaire n°*4: a5c67de99bd5ceba2c2fdc1f76ea066e

I have Vista
And it's crash everytime ...

Somebody can help me ? :confused:

EDIT : Dont create something if you cant work it for all people who want to try it !

sn0wbiatch
27-07-2009, 13:49
ye mijne crashes to with the same messages, loading game, crashes, new game, crashes,
:( Someone arround with a fix?

aznxfrost
31-07-2009, 06:29
doesnt even work...game crash on load

Squiz
31-07-2009, 19:22
How do i install mod? i have V 1.0.0.1, i put mod in mah directory, run it, and nuthin happens, doesnt stuff up but no cheatz! :confused: plz help!:o

teehee_yup
01-08-2009, 01:37
Ya im having the same problems crashes on every load, umm is there a new patch or somthin pls help really want to try god Mode out

Nask0
03-08-2009, 03:01
Need more fixes. My game crashes also :/

Killah_k
13-08-2009, 09:55
Has there been a fix for the Crashes? Or is this because the versions don't match? If so, How can one tell what version he/she is running?

Thanks in advance

TippeX
13-08-2009, 11:32
i used the prototype trainer +8 from dR.oLLe, worked perfectly, and has god mode.. even used it in vista x64, and had 0 issues, so you could try that one...

julius84
28-03-2010, 17:45
Hi everybody!
Really compliments for the forum !!
I'll not annoy you anymore

I have a question :

I applied the patch and it said ALL AOK
I started the game, it opens, it loads the gamesave, BUT just after that , game crushes and closes itself

why ?? :confused: :(

QwokZoryn
03-05-2010, 14:03
CRC32 check failed!
nothing patched!

Need help!

Thanks.

paulowalburg
29-05-2010, 09:32
I've made a little DLL hack for prototype
this is not a trainer the patcher included here modifies prototypeenginef.dll
so u wont need to use trainers anymore

NUMPAD 1 - Enable GodMode-InfAmmo
NUMPAD 2 - Disable GodMode-InfAmmo
NUMPAD 4 - Enable SlowMotion
NUMPAD 5 - Disable SlowMotion

The GOD Mode put you in Critical Mass so have fun with devastator Attacks

:cool:

edit...
FIXED the pointer i was using isnt the right one now i'm using a pointer that originally was in a readonly memory obviously now it has the permission to write there
edit..
FIXED again :| the patcher was mistakenly modifing image size :) try now and tell me :)

hmmm it dont work for me am i dowing somting wrong ?

leavejack
02-02-2011, 06:40
hi, why after i patch the prototype is error?

Joe Forster/STA
14-05-2011, 10:19
Add it as an exception.

godsclown
14-05-2011, 11:10
I use Process Hacker 2, which is a powerful free and open source process viewer, and with it I can shut down every processes of my BitDefender Total Security Suite without having to reboot and without having to be in SafeMode. Iobit Game Booster is fine for normal processes but it can not shut down BitDefender even if the choice is there to do it.

Also Process Hacker 2 lets you deal with the services, and I mean all the services, not only those you see in the Windows Services application. You will have guess that it is not a software to be used lightly. ;)

dolphin47
13-04-2012, 03:43
My exe file is stopping to work just after I hit the Shock and awe(my last saved game). Frustrated!!!:confused:

leafon123
18-05-2012, 10:54
My antivirus said it blocked a malware attack

:mad:

cee jay
20-11-2014, 06:11
how can I undo patch

nexusone
27-03-2016, 15:02
the patcher automatically backups the original DLL :)

Where, the game is not working anymore after patch...

imsodone
09-10-2016, 20:54
I keep getting this god damn error.

---START PATCHING---

[OFFSET PATCH]
loading file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Prototype\prototypeen ginef.dll
Wrong filesize or already patched!
nothing patched!
...done!

---PATCHING DONE---

Does this just not work with the Steam version or am I doing something wrong?

Razor12911
12-10-2016, 21:43
Did you try running patch as admin?
Game is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)"

Stephelyn
20-10-2018, 03:10
Still crashing when loading save game or new game.