PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R 1.0004 trainer

mschol
07-09-2007, 09:59
anyone who has a working trainer for S.T.A.L.K.E.R v1.0004

the link on gamecopyworld for a 4+ trainer is dead

i probably like the one on cheathappens, but i'll never pay for something like a trainer.

DABhand
07-09-2007, 10:51
And you wont get it here either until it goes public.

But then people like you wont pay for anyones hard work would you.

Joe Forster/STA
07-09-2007, 11:32
The original poster didn't insult the site, the trainer or the policy of having to pay for the full releases. Therefore, I don't think there's any problem with him expressing his right NOT to like to pay for trainers. Yes, I prefer free software, too (both getting and releasing).

mschol
07-09-2007, 12:04
And you wont get it here either until it goes public.

But then people like you wont pay for anyones hard work would you.

thats not true..

running @ a legally owned Windows Vista ultimate & Office 2007 enterprise edition

so yeah i buy software but asking money for a trainer is just a lame action and absolutely NOT done imho

DABhand
07-09-2007, 12:25
Why not, so people like me just have to sit and go through sometimes hours of code just to get your precious god mode.

Well you best get used to the fact trainer makers are requiring money these days, as they are the most unappreciated people on the net, hardly any thanks and huge criticism because a trainer doesnt have this or that option/s.

I know a few of the best of the biz out there who are now doing it for money, simple reason it puts food on the table and pays bills.

But then again if you dont think its on, you can always learn to do your own, at least I gave tuts for free to learn basic stuff that should get you by. So you cant complain at that.

EDIT: At no time did I say you were using warez versions of anything. So dont bring that excuse into the thread. I was talking about paying for someones hard work, not software.

DABhand
07-09-2007, 12:25
The original poster didn't insult the site, the trainer or the policy of having to pay for the full releases. Therefore, I don't think there's any problem with him expressing his right NOT to like to pay for trainers. Yes, I prefer free software, too (both getting and releasing).

He did hint on his last sentence Joe have a re-read.

Caliber
07-09-2007, 21:56
thats not true..

running @ a legally owned Windows Vista ultimate & Office 2007 enterprise edition

so yeah i buy software but asking money for a trainer is just a lame action and absolutely NOT done imho

first of all, thanks dab for your kind comments. thank god there are some people out there who have experienced the (sometimes) hell while going through the game code and reversing out all these options we add to the trainers for these games. and the games are getting worse and worse.... some don't let you attach a debugger to them, others crash when breakpointing, and some games in vista detect any changes to the code while running and then crash out.... finding ways around the protection has become a secondary battle in and of itself...

at any rate, we post this info in many areas but here's something to consider:

I don't think that people realize the time, effort and money that goes into making these trainers for virtually every game that comes out, and then updating those trainers multiple times when new patches are published.

1. We must buy the game on the release date. Sometimes this might involve buying multiple copies from different sources (ie: Steam, D2D) for bigger titles. If we don't have the game, we can't make the trainer...

2. We must play the game through to determine what options to include in the trainer.

3. The game must be debugged so that the options can be traced. Doing this around major copy protection can be very difficult and time consuming in some cases.

4. The options must be play-tested to make sure they work properly and for the player only (not the enemy or AI). This must often be done on multiple systems with multiple operating systems (Vista, XP, DX9, DX10, etc).

5. The trainer must be packaged and published, often with built-in links to help and troubleshooting guides, with ReadMe.txt attached for quick help, etc.

6. The programmer must be paid for his services.

We ask for a small membership fee to help cover the time and expenses involved in these processes, and only for a short time until the trainer is released to the public. Please show us this courtesy. If you like the trainers and would like to see more made in the future, help support the site and become a member. Otherwise, please wait patiently for the trainer(s) to become available on the public release date.

Thanks to everyone that helps to support our website. We all appreciate it.

Best,
Caliber

www.cheathappens.com

Joe Forster/STA
08-09-2007, 04:58
Well, you see, this site is based on cracks.

Cracker groups do buy the games they crack (as, obviously, at that point, there's no crack that would allow them to play with the original, right?), and they spend much more time with cracking the game and testing the crack than trainer groups do during the development of a trainer. And they do it for free - at least, for us, it is available without payment. (As there's no such thing as "free" in today's world.)

(As another example, mind you, whole operating systems can be downloaded for free. Of course, these now have significant value in the global economy so they cannot really be compared to "only" trainers...)

So, I beg to differ: software does not NEED to be paid for. As anyone has the right to ask for money for his software, anyone has the right to prefer free software. I understand that the opinion of the second group hurts the feelings of the first group but, well, that's life!

Respect others' opinions, though... "asking money for a trainer is just a lame action" does not show respect so don't write things like this if you want your own opinion to be accepted. Thank you!

Caliber
08-09-2007, 06:34
Well, you see, this site is based on cracks.

Cracker groups do buy the games they crack (as, obviously, at that point, there's no crack that would allow them to play with the original, right?), and they spend much more time with cracking the game and testing the crack than trainer groups do during the development of a trainer. And they do it for free - at least, for us, it is available without payment. (As there's no such thing as "free" in today's world.)

(As another example, mind you, whole operating systems can be downloaded for free. Of course, these now have significant value in the global economy so they cannot really be compared to "only" trainers...)

So, I beg to differ: software does not NEED to be paid for. As anyone has the right to ask for money for his software, anyone has the right to prefer free software. I understand that the opinion of the second group hurts the feelings of the first group but, well, that's life!

Respect others' opinions, though... "asking money for a trainer is just a lame action" does not show respect so don't write things like this if you want your own opinion to be accepted. Thank you!

cracking the games protections and removing it totally are two different animals but both are necessary in many cases to make trainers or crack a game .exe. don't minimize the time necessary for making a trainer! it isn't always just NOP two bytes address, etc. alas, i don' t want to get into a back and forth with you here joe, because i value the file forums. but yes, people will always go for free if they have the choice between paying or not! i agree with you there 100%!

we disagree and look at things differently and have different feelings on what file forums/ gamecopyworld is about but i do respect your opinion, joe. feelings are not hurt! i was jusk asking for the person to consider all the steps, etc. involved. i too have put tutorials out to help newbs to make get into reversing games, etc. so that people can at least get a taste of what we do. the effort and knowledge required to release cracked .exe's, .dll's, etc. is no joke either and i respect that efforts those individuals put into it. it would be rather difficult for razor or fairlight to start selling these over the net, though, would it not, since it removes completely and permanently the protections that were put into the games by the game publishers? but i admit that it requires effort, knowledge, and money to make these cracked .exe's and often thankless work with not much in return.

thanks for the interesting discussion!

best,
Cal

Synaesthesia
08-09-2007, 13:23
Cracked game and original game have identical characteristics. Unless we're talking about 2 different versions of the same game...

Caliber
08-09-2007, 13:57
Cracked game and original game have identical characteristics. Unless we're talking about 2 different versions of the same game...

what are you talking about? this makes no sense at all-

TippeX
08-09-2007, 14:11
Cracker groups do buy the games they crack (as, obviously, at that point, there's no crack that would allow them to play with the original, right?),

[snip]...

not totally true, some groups get the file given to them from other sources, those sources may have paid for the games sure... but then that leads to the other question... if the cracker groups do buy the game, is the money from their own personal salaries from their job etc..?... unfortunately 9/10 times the answer is no.. their money for the game payment comes from their 'not very nice' private(ish) scene activities.. selling leech slots and such...

The scene is a murky place, scratch the surface and all the skeletons come floating to the top...

DABhand
08-09-2007, 14:36
Shhhh not the skeletons!

0rth0doX
08-09-2007, 17:05
In some trainers there is an option - "Reduce money funds to 0 - (needed in some parts of the game)". In which parts of the game is that useful and why?

DABhand
08-09-2007, 19:56
Errr read the .nfo file and it might tell you.

Synaesthesia
08-09-2007, 22:42
@Caliber: Some people claim that a trainer made for the ORIGINAL version of the game (original SecuROM or w.e. executable) won't work with a cracked .exe :D I know it sounds retarded - was trying to clarify the issue.

If you wanted to be a gamer all your life, you would've bought games due to liking the brand and wanting more entertainment. Once you hop over to coding/programming/memory raping, it's all over (well, you got Adventure games left; oh, and online games) :D

0rth0doX
09-09-2007, 08:04
- - -

Joe Forster/STA
09-09-2007, 08:35
Aren't you supposed to NOT re-distribute trainers downloaded from www.cheathappens.com?!

0rth0doX
09-09-2007, 08:36
. .

DABhand
09-09-2007, 10:24
If its not public then remove the link....

We dont support thieves here.

Grumpy
09-09-2007, 10:43
@0rth0doX

Do NOT post any Cheathappens trainers until after the Public Release dates!

Synaesthesia
09-09-2007, 20:10
Lol. He posted a premium trainer? OMG, HANG HIM <- sarcasm...

In some trainers there is an option - "Reduce money funds to 0 - (needed in some parts of the game)". In which parts of the game is that useful and why?
STALKER has several endings (7 if I'm not mistaking) among which one of them is judged based on the amount of money you have...

DABhand
09-09-2007, 23:24
Lol. He posted a premium trainer? OMG, HANG HIM <- sarcasm...

I can now see why Sheep doesnt like you much.

Joe Forster/STA
10-09-2007, 04:08
STALKER has several endings (7 if I'm not mistaking) among which one of them is judged based on the amount of money you have...

... and those are all false endings. Hint: Your adventure is not supposed to end at the Wish Granter. (Damn, those calls made the hair stand on my back; the greatest atmosphere in a shooter for the last few years - at least, for me... :))

Synaesthesia
10-09-2007, 15:47
Same here, Joe. Same here ;) Loved it and finished it twice for the sake of finding those damned rare weapons.

@DABhand: Sure you do ;) People work on something, they waste time and effort, then they sell it. Their choice. Say I am spending 20$ on premium and (since it's my SPENT money) I decide to share it with the world. Any objections? Also, no one has to impose how the "scene" works. So - if you plan on making a trainer - don't brag you got the rarest, most unique options. We already see it and judge it, plus where's the fun in playing the damn game? :D To be honest, I like simple trainers that give you enough to enjoy what you're playing. Again, that's debatable...

Caliber
10-09-2007, 15:54
Say I am spending 20$ on premium and (since it's my SPENT money) I decide to share it with the world. Any objections?

that's just moronic. try that with your cd's and dvd's that you paid 20 dollars for..... i suppose you would call the artists who made that work wasted time and effort there too? at any rate, you spent 20 bucks on that cd or dvd but it is most definitely illegal to share it with others (i.e make copies for others to have). no matter how you slice it, the members agreed to the terms on the website and the material is not to be shared, period. obviously warner brothers can't go after every immoral person that copies their movies and cd's, just as we cannot chase every person down that does this with our work. any objections? certainly! imagine if you wrote a book and somebody copied and sold it themselves or "shared" it with the world so that you could not get fairly compensated for your effort.

blah, i am preaching to the devil's choir here.... some souls can never be reached-

best,
Cal

Synaesthesia
10-09-2007, 16:44
Haha. The horror... Well, moronic or not, we all know how hypocrisy works. Same people that speak so boldly about paying money for the games are the same ones downloading them illegally from Internet (maybe you don't download everything, but you sure do). What for? Let's call it the need to be ahead of others. Want to be the first(?), download the game, train it, then brag how mighty you are - hey, you released a trainer before the game got out for sale. Then come to some random forums and preach how immoral it is to even think at the idea of sharing bought content :D

Why do I always have the feeling I'm watched like a "traitor"? People need to stop being so paranoid. This is discussed everywhere - so why does it always have to light a fire wherever it's debated?

The solution - if you care about people leaking content, why not take all the necessary measures to prevent it (web-based logging services work wonders). Think at CheatHappens, they have a site, they got room for a database. Sell the trainer with a personalized ID, which the buyer needs using only once - when he starts the trainer the first time. That way no one can use it without knowing the details. Say that also gets leaked, and people get to use those details (user name, serial etc...). Next step, hardware ID. All ends...

But no, everyone wants it so simple. Besides, trainer gets public within 2 weeks or 1 month (regarding CH). What I love the most is the approach gamehacking.co.uk took - sure, we give you trainers with limited options. You want the full package(?), get premium ;) Smart way to deal with it I might add. Again, not so secure, but yeah - that's what we got forums for - trainer makers come cry some idiot stole their work and is now using it to get (WHAT?) virtual fame. Heh, as you said, Cal - preaching to devil's choir...

Ta ta...

DABhand
10-09-2007, 21:29
Your contridicting yourself, as said you buy copyrighted work its not upto you to share it. Period. No matter how many ideas you may think up to combat it.

Synaesthesia
10-09-2007, 22:10
Sure I am. From where you're standing, it's a matter of choice - should I join the few and smart or the many and dumb? Guess you know the answer. Trainer makers rely on people's lack of knowledge to sell their stuff. As long as you remain a gamer and don't whine, it's all good. They're happy. Once someone starts tampering with their work (e.g.: take the bioshock trainer, run it and save gc.dll; open it in IDA and make an asm of it - you got an engine...), they start bitching. Knowledge to code a trainer, knowledge to use a trainer, knowledge to reverse it through own means...

P.S.: Someone is going to cast spells on me when reading this post. Anyway, sorry for the long off-topic. I'll stick to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. from now on ;)

DABhand
11-09-2007, 00:59
Tell you what you go work, and then ill syphon your bank account while you do so. Since its only a small group and smart enough to do that. But you wont complain that I do that?

Your view is limited on this.

Now if its a public trainer, and you reversed it to update it with a game update its not so bad. Annoying yes as you didnt spend much time as the original author. But at least you didnt take anything away from the person.

Now a trainer that requires a subscription, reversing and releasing under your name is bad. Then you have people who get it and just release it without reversing is equally bad. Ultimately you are snatching potential money from them.

So why shouldnt someone who has sat through tonnes of anti-debugging code,DMA etc be able to earn from their hardwork. Its not easy especially with the newer games that come out.

Now I know its you Sunbeam, there is no denying that, but you know the people who are involved with training games, most of which would hate people stealing the code injections etc they have took time to do. Sure we all have fights among us from time to time and dont agree with each other, but how many actually go out and do that to others they know.

I cant imagine Poizn going out nicking Whitey's coding, its just not on, also I cant imagine Poizn going out and distributing a trainer Whitey did that requires a sub. Again its just not on. All that would achieve is Poizn alienating himself from the community. And yes im sure it has happened in the past between groups, but not by very much, hardly infact.

And with your views and ideas that its fine to do all this, you will alienate yourself and any sites you hang about on.

And also be careful with the accusation of software theft you did earlier in the thread. You really dont know a person to make that comment. At this moment I view Caliber as a more reliable and trustworthy person than yourself, and would be pleased to call him a friend. To not know him, or him say he downloads games at all, its a bit of a nerve to say he does. Are you going to suggest I do the same.

I mean I own my own biz I get software cheap through wholesalers.

Anyways im miffed now, im gonna go watch TV or something.

Synaesthesia
11-09-2007, 04:00
All I'm curious on is when did I became a "thief"? When I made that tutorial on how to update trainers? That's what's puzzling me. Was enough to show people how to do it, I immediately became the black sheep of all times related to this field of "activity". Also, what happens when you train a game on your own and stumble across the same code someone else has? Sure, your approach will differ, but would the other person be willing to test all your code before yelling you stole his shit? Of course not - they never read between the lines.

As for people downloading and me accusing, am not wrong at all. You may own your business, but you can't put your hand on your heart and affirm you've never downloaded a game either to play or train it...

P.S.: I am making my own stuff, and unlike others, I post it wide open in public so others can learn from it. Call me dumb for not making profit from it, it's just how I am. I never made any money out of selling my work. It surely isn't a tutorial, but that's what forums are good for - posting feedback and what you didn't understand from the post. I consider it moronic to debate on proving myself capable of doing all I "rant", since no matter what I'd do, I would be seen with the same eyes by some people. Talk about holding grudges. Related to coding, I've done that too, probably just to fend off the drive someone's gotten into me, but mostly because I needed it. No matter what language or scripting language a trainer is coded/written in, it's a trainer. Not being coded in a programming language and being called a noob for it is just a freaking trifle (whim - English is not my main language, so...)

Also, I never denied it's me, DAB ;) You just didn't read between the lines. Wrote 2 or 3 times it's me :D

Joe Forster/STA
11-09-2007, 04:48
@Synaesthesia: You can find a small explanation about our (lack of) hypocrisy in the forum FAQ; I suggest you read it.

We don't (and can't) care if you obtain illegal stuff (re-distributing software against its license is illegal, there's no point in arguing about it), just don't discuss it on this forum. And, especially not in front of the very people who wrote that stuff.

Yes, I also prefer free software and, yes, I also give away my software for free. But that's beside the point: others have the right to not to do so, sell their software instead, and the best I can do is either buy it or ignore it. There are, of course, other possibilities but... again, see the hypocrisy explanation. And, yes, the whole world is much more complicated than discussing legally (?) obtained software on a forum but, well, this forum is not supposed to solve all the problems of the world either.

I see this is also beginning to sound like a rant so I'll stop now... :) Please, drop the topic; while you may be right on some issues, these are not the issues we deal with on this forum. Thanks!

TippeX
11-09-2007, 05:59
So why shouldnt someone who has sat through tonnes of anti-debugging code,DMA etc be able to earn from their hardwork. Its not easy especially with the newer games that come out.

you know (and its not directed at you dab, just you raised it), i really cant figure out what this whole big deal about DMA from trainer makers is all about, DMA is hardly revolutionary, hell, the protections did it, and even then it wasnt too difficult, just a bpm, back trace, find storage area, figure struct... or is this just some thing trainer makers can try and claim as something difficult?.. when the crackers have been doing it for ages.....

so theres only 2 types of reversers -> either a cracker (and a trainer) or a failed cracker who becomes a trainer :)

Caliber
11-09-2007, 07:40
couple things and then this is my last post.

1) i could care less if you take my trainer and pick it apart. maybe you will learn something. maybe you notice something we did that could be improved! at any rate, just don't post it on another website or torrent like you said you wouldn't when you signed up on the website. simple---

2) we have already implemented a tracing funtion in our trainers as of the last two weeks which has encrypted information in redundancy so that we can trace members who post improperly. members will be booted from the site with no refund if we find out work posted elsewhere. it isn't fair for the other paying members to get shafted by the bad members who post our work without our consent.... this doesn't mean that it won't happen, just that we are working to stop it.

3) how do you know where we get our games from? we have access to games and betas, demos, etc. because of who we are. our bioshock trainer came out before you could even get it on steam... and as you know, since you tell us you download illegally, there were no "cracked" versions of the game available for a week. how did that happen? elves and magic?

4) i never cracked a game in my life and released it to the public. i just make trainers, and sometimes have to deal with the protections that are in the game so i can train it. not sure how i fit into tippex's view of reversers... LOL!

blah-

i am not as annoyed by you sunbeam as some of the others are, but please don't make an enemy here where there wasn't one-

ok flame away!

-Cal

pikachu5501
11-09-2007, 09:18
no.. realy, why just make a forum on "why should i pay for a trainer", you know, for those how have mumy or the governement to pay everything for them so they will have a place to b1tch about how bad capitalism is. It is like we discusse about that more than training and coding itself :p .

No realy; if someone cant finish that game, why dont they get a job or something?

Caliber:
I have a little tiny bit favor to ask. i'v been posting quality +1 trainers for c&c3 for a while for everyone to enjoy but i cant find the health in c&c3. Can you give me just a little tinny winni hint.. i tried every thing; change, unchanged, decrease, increased.. in all type.. . I dont want you code or the cave code or anything like that but just a little little hint to help me to find that HP. I promess that i will credit you and you site on my next update.

Caliber
11-09-2007, 09:31
no.. realy, why just make a forum on "why should i pay for a trainer", you know, for those how have mumy or the governement to pay everything for them so they will have a place to b1tch about how bad capitalism is. It is like we discusse about that more than training and coding itself :p .

No realy; if someone cant finish that game, why dont they get a job or something?

Caliber:
I have a little tiny bit favor to ask. i'v been posting quality +1 trainers for c&c3 for a while for everyone to enjoy but i cant find the health in c&c3. Can you give me just a little tinny winni hint.. i tried every thing; change, unchanged, decrease, increased.. in all type.. . I dont want you code or the cave code or anything like that but just a little little hint to help me to find that HP. I promess that i will credit you and you site on my next update.

even if you find the bits of code that control the health, there are at least 4 areas that call the function i used to manipulate the health. so you would have to trace the calls and see which ones are useful (i.e. which one is calling when you mouse over the unit (i.e. the health bar gets drawn), etc. it's quite a chore and i don't know you so i have no idea your ability and it would take quite some time to go over this.

i think the values where float, if i remember. also the game is a bit squirrely with troops since it lists a health for all troops but in fact each troop has it's own health amount so it's best to trace with a vehicle, not a troop. PM me about this and maybe we can talk more about it.

my plasma force health option is another discussion entirely as it took quite a while to trace that code down....

best,
Cal

pikachu5501
11-09-2007, 10:54
even if you find the bits of code that control the health, there are at least 4 areas that call the function i used to manipulate the health. so you would have to trace the calls and see which ones are useful (i.e. which one is calling when you mouse over the unit (i.e. the health bar gets drawn), etc. it's quite a chore and i don't know you so i have no idea your ability and it would take quite some time to go over this.

i think the values where float, if i remember. also the game is a bit squirrely with troops since it lists a health for all troops but in fact each troop has it's own health amount so it's best to trace with a vehicle, not a troop. PM me about this and maybe we can talk more about it.

my plasma force health option is another discussion entirely as it took quite a while to trace that code down....

whoa, that's a lot of informations, well, thanx a lot. If i manage to do a +2 trainer with unlimited hp, i will certainly credit you. Thank you again.

DABhand
11-09-2007, 14:23
you know (and its not directed at you dab, just you raised it), i really cant figure out what this whole big deal about DMA from trainer makers is all about, DMA is hardly revolutionary, hell, the protections did it, and even then it wasnt too difficult, just a bpm, back trace, find storage area, figure struct... or is this just some thing trainer makers can try and claim as something difficult?.. when the crackers have been doing it for ages.....

so theres only 2 types of reversers -> either a cracker (and a trainer) or a failed cracker who becomes a trainer :)

Was just going through a list of what a trainer maker has to go through sometimes, DMA came from the top of my head, I could have easily said code shifting also.

apache-
30-09-2007, 15:55
Great Debate!, well at least so far
lol TippeX ..failed cracker..trainer...huh ..made me smile actually.
opinions..wow quite a few you guys seem to forget, when you sub for trainers your not just subbing for one file , you have a vast , vast! i say :) database of trainers cheats and a whole shaboodle of experiance to draw from, so the next time you see a super-duper trainer thats only available as premium content ..dont be so near sighted , think ahead ..you will have todays..tomorrows next weeks nexts months ..yesterdays last months ..last years the year before that ... totally 100% on the right spot the real mcoy dudes that can more than likely answer your question within a very short period of time with help when you have fucked up something..no need to wonder if that motherfucker who leaked a trainer has also added a few bad things to the files before they stick it it a forum link or rapidshare or whatever..because your in good hands and dealing with professional programers which are part of established sites who have your benefit first and foremost in their thoughts

on a second note hi everyone :p have fun, chat next time

sheep
02-10-2007, 00:37
dma has nothing to do with training games, if you train a game properly you never come across it, no trainer maker has ever said "SHIT THAT DMA WAS HARD TO GET AROUND" thats what idiots say BEFORE they know what it is, its as simple as that.

DABhand
02-10-2007, 08:29
I didnt say it was hard sheep, I said they come across it. And I was listing ideas from the top of my head.

So dont start with me. My name aint begining with an S!

TippeX
02-10-2007, 08:32
the failed cracker thing wasnt directed at anyone, just anyone who can train, say to sheeps level (and others) could im sure remove protection too....its the same sort of 'game'.. needle in a haystack code finding -> figuring out how to ab(use) it.... and so on.. but most dont get to that level and are happy making crap trainers, or ones that dont work 100% :)
and i have to agree with the 'dma' thing... theres 0 difficultly about it... just requires skill finding the ptr to the struct, or the ptr to the ptr of the struct or whatnot

Synaesthesia
03-10-2007, 04:38
but most dont get to that level and are happy making crap trainers, or ones that dont work 100%
It was never about that. It was about the fact that when, at your level, manage to train something YOUR WAY, some challenged person comes stating he could've done it 21731289471289 other EASIER different ways around. I'm OK with that, instead of barking you're good and whatnot, show those other 328472984792 ways and teach others. If you don't want to, then better not post in first place and prove your point by training the game your way...

Anyway, I made this CT back in v1.01 of the game. If anyone's interested in updating it, be my guest. It can also be made dynamic (creating a function that scans the memory starting from point a, ranged x -> scan(a,x) - for recognition patterns, allowing you this way to have a fully working script even when game updates).

http://i22.tinypic.com/2cdkeix.gif

Doesn't have as many options as other trainers do, and also doesn't contain RIPPED stuff (just in case, some ppl might wrongly accuse T_T)...

Link to CT file (you'll need Cheat Engine 5.3) http://www.mediafire.com/?5hm4hipnvmk

P.S.: Not all people like to complicate things by learning how to use a memory editor. It's called laziness and it's your choice. The above is meant for those who want a bit of a challenge, more than just playing a game (which is boring). Don't shoot the poster!

@apache: Dude, instead of talking to us about your business, you'd better correct the typos on main site T_T -> "MAKE SURE YOUR REGISTERED...OR YOU WONT..." in the flash "screener"...

http://i20.tinypic.com/dgtond.gif

So what if it's flash and you can't find a way to use an apostrophe? Thought you were smart ;)

sheep
04-10-2007, 03:10
hahah dab.. no need to get ur dress out of tilt mate, i didnt even read what you had written, that reply was directed at my friend tippex.

Tippex seems to have a dislike for simple trainers which i agree with 100% especially when they become the norm, which over the last few months they certainly have done, tippex has done some impressive stuff in the past both publically and personally im sure and as a reflection of this his bar could be set a little higher than most.. i just settle for the fact that u will always have morons who dont have the ability to learn from their own motivations and drive, sunbeam for instance.. people like myself and tippex could have been given a computer in a locked room and because there is something fundamentally inquisitive buried deep in us (meet a real cracker and u will know what i mean) we would still have managed (through trial and error) many of the things we are infamous :) for today.. the OTHER type of people would have shit in a corner and be playing with that instead.. because they have no direction from others.. personally ive never read a tutorial on training games ever.. i would say cracking is more long winded than training and you certainly need to know a whole lot more about how a system works and by these criteria alone i would obviously say cracking is harder though i do see both challenges the same, its just that if i fail at training an option ive only spent a day or 2 at most on trying to break it.. cracking, when u fail u tend to have wasted weeks... certainly a massive sway in which way i went in the scene. The great crackers were the ones with the resolve to pick themselves up after those failures.. at least thats how i see it :) ..

TippeX
04-10-2007, 03:29
agreed, my bar may be a bit too high, sheep and probably others know why,
and Synaesthesia i have nothing to prove to you at all, and i cant see why you took the statements personally... sheep is right in many respects, and i do find myself agreeing with him (which is something he and i didnt always do).. quality control scene wise has dropped heavily, bad cracks, crap trainers and so on... so maybe my bar hasnt dropped, perhaps the quality has...

DABhand
04-10-2007, 08:35
hahah dab.. no need to get ur dress out of tilt mate, i didnt even read what you had written, that reply was directed at my friend tippex.

Ahh good didnt want to come over and slap you with Whitey, hes awfully fat to carry about :P

Synaesthesia
04-10-2007, 13:48
@sheep: I say only this - FindWindowA (that's like 1998) and WriteProcessMemory(?) in a DLL (gc.dll). Keep on digging in that "room" of yours. Took you guys a while to ban me :)

@TippeX: No need to prove anything, man ;) Just by reading some of your posts one would see how high your bar is. True sometimes a post doesn't reflect reality, but when you got like 1.733, it's out of the question to doubt it ;)

sheep
04-10-2007, 22:08
haha, trying to point out redundant code in something as mind numbingly basic as a trainer already shows what a complete fuckwitt you really are, and yes findwindow is old.. thats because my trainer code hasnt changed in about 10 years, the fact you DONT know why i use writeprocessmemory inside my dll also made me laugh out loud, if you tried training something once in a while (from this fucking era) and stopped wasting your life on these forums (and games NOONE PLAYS!!!!) then you may understand why.

I make no attempt to cover my code or my hacks because to me these things are so fucking easy i dont think its needed, if i wanted to protect my stuff then you can beleive that assholes such as yourself wouldnt be able to have access to them, (gc.dll) hahah.. he knows my dll name.. well i think im dealing with a genius here..

pathetic.. last words to a moron who ASKS to be banned from a forum then comes back as a different name, nothing more needs saying.

Joe Forster/STA
05-10-2007, 02:32
Without taking sides: gentlemen, cool down, please!

Synaesthesia
05-10-2007, 05:47
I'm training what I can (based on my PC's computational powers) and am not looking for glory as some of you do, then rebel when people point out flaws in your code and ban them for that fact. Regarding the ban, it was about gamehacking.co.uk :D Anyway, stop being a hypocrite ("my trainers are never protected, so people can learn from them" <- haha - and how do you propose to learn, eh? by watching the design?). I can care less what's the reason for your API in the dll, but I know that once injected, a mere bp on WPM in game's memory breaks in the dll. I dare you to protect your stuff AT LEAST ONCE in such manner that the noob that I am can't decode crap in it. Why protect it? Simple - you can't learn from it anyway, cuz you bitch about it...

And what's wrong in training old games? You think everyone plays 2007 games nowadays? Hell no. People want hacks, trainers etc. no matter how they can get or use them. We complain that we don't like how options are trained or whatnot, when gamers can care less. The moment I get a decent PC, I will train 2007 games. Till that moment, drop the subject, cuz it's pathetic. It's like being a "PC racist"...

@Joe: Sorry, I'll cool down now :)

sheep
05-10-2007, 06:18
@ joe.. yeah no worries mate..

@sunbeam... fair point.. im not one to show off about having the latest pc fads because ive always been 3 steps behind everyone else in my upgrades, if you cant train todays stupidly power hungry games because of ur pc's lack of power then its not fair to bring that up as an insult. I enjoy kicking people but not when they havent got the means to defend themselves, in this case it being a good pc for u to train something new. I hate people who show off about having super computers, means shit at the end of the day if you dont have the talent to use it, this doesnt apply to gamers of course just reversers. Anyways.. im done with the silly insults.. life is far too short.

Synaesthesia
05-10-2007, 06:25
Don't take this the wrong way, sheep. But I kinda saw some humanity in the above post :D But yeah, not trying to be rude or something, do try to protect something of yours and let me have a go at it. I'll even record what I do to pass the protections. I mean it for fun, not for proving anything. Not being able to train the games the way you do (the sick way) doesn't mean I can't do other things :D I'm trying to evolve a bit - latest trainers I made are in C++ (I admit I learn from old sources and update the code with new methods, and I'm not lame to deny that I do get help from people that CAN CODE :D - plus I can share the code if anyone wants it - see DFX trainer in this section...). The only thing I regret though is not being able to play BioShock (love System Shock 2 to death!) *sniff sniff*

sheep
05-10-2007, 18:49
Problems with protections are time (lots of time to develop a good scheme fit for ur purposes) and compatibility.. tricks used to gain access or control to create better protections are becoming fewer with each OS(just look at all the bullshit securom and starforce had because of compat problems with complex schemes). Its hard enuff getting people to use your trainers on the right version let alone having a thousand people complaining because its crashing their systems, i have atm no way of testing any protections i could create on multiple platforms which i see as a major flaw and wouldnt put out a product i didnt know was 100%. There are thousands of utilities that protect your programs from debugger use and dumping etc etc.. perhaps ill use one of those one day soon to see how compatible they are.. and if u can get past something as basic as that THEN i will look into my own protections.. though i must warn u it wont be soon.. last time i tried protecting my trainers i ended up spending 9 months with a group of virus coders , i wrote a few tutorials actually, wish i could fine them on the net :( (if u really want to protect ur stuff virus code is the place to start) unfortunately its a HUGE!! and VERY VERY interesting place to be and u can easily get lost in its methods.. to the point where i nearlly gave up training to pursue virii (non malicious of course). One of my favorite methods to stop people bping etc was to use their respective vectors to store data that would be corrupted by any outside influence thus rendering the program useless. At the moment ive got a lot of catching up to do.. im about 70% done coding my new site.. and still need to start training something :) but u have sparked my interest again in the old protection issues.. we shall see how things go and hopefully ill have time in the near future.

DABhand
06-10-2007, 01:32
Yep the old Olly dumping trick wont work if Sheep whacks on some decent protection :P

And ive seen your DIB tuts floating about sheep, along with a few of the older games, like AoE2.

Synaesthesia
06-10-2007, 08:53
He should progress with the "heavier stuff". Only problem is it involves too much writing and it's freaking dynamic, since the method would definitely change from game to game, thus spawning more questions from people that read the tut than answering them :) It's all good though. And DAB, no one said I have to dump something to be able to reverse stuff. Target's already unpacked in memory, and if that doesn't help, you can also work your way to its loading and take notes. Another way - inlining, baby :)

Sorry for the big-ass off-topic O_O....

sheep
06-10-2007, 09:22
i tell u what.. show me u can reverse the securom protection (which ive done) and explain to me ur methods.. and then ill take u seriously enuff to want to code something u couldnt break. I suggest one of the newer versions as it would be closer to methods id use to protect my work.

caki
06-10-2007, 10:34
Sounds interesting. Full rebuild or Fairlight/Reloaded method? :P

EDIT just saw the "reverse", not crack.

Synaesthesia
06-10-2007, 15:34
@sheep: Haha. Expected you to be this incisive :) Nah, have never dealt with SecuROM, but same thing happened even before other protections I mastered. People telling me I can't break this and that, and with enough drive and dedication, I did it. My aim isn't game protections, but software ones. Am not making NO-CDs, but cracks/inlines/patches :) Just cuz you're sheep isn't enough of a motivation to start up analyzing SecuROM (messin' with you :p) If you've managed to break SecuROM, then try some others - Armadillo, Themida, ASProtect (recently bought by StarForce) :)

@caki: Sure, jump on my back ;) Hold tight though :D

DABhand
06-10-2007, 15:36
Just remember Sun he can have anti-debugging code running at the same time the trainer is running, or ran withing a debugger itself.

Then you cant have a peaksies at what is lurking about :P

Unless........

Synaesthesia
06-10-2007, 15:37
...you can run a driver and forget about your worries ;) Give him more ideas, he's going to compile them in one big dedicated CrackMe. Love CrackMes...

Bah, again with the off-topics T_T :D

TippeX
06-10-2007, 16:29
If you've managed to break SecuROM, then try some others - Armadillo, Themida, ASProtect (recently bought by StarForce) :)

i sure hope you aren't trying to compare securom, starforce or safedisc for that matter to crap like armadillo, themida and asprotect... doing so would really show you havent got a clue about prots.....

caki
06-10-2007, 17:04
Now TippeX, Asprotect and Armadillo and Safedisc might be crap, but I have a certain warm spot in my heart for Themida (and a legit license to boot :D ) so I would like to argue that when Themida is used properly, it can be as effective as the afore-mentioned CD protections :)

Synaesthesia
06-10-2007, 18:12
@TippeX: StarForce BOUGHT ASProtect, so it's not "crap" ;)

caki
06-10-2007, 18:17
@TippeX: StarForce BOUGHT ASProtect, so it's not "crap" ;)

Thats not necessarily because of protection quality... could be they wanted tips on licensing, or compression...

Synaesthesia
06-10-2007, 18:29
Hehe. They bought it for the virtual machine ;) Lately they've been owned by the scene groups. We'll see what the next version will bring up-front :D...

caki
06-10-2007, 18:34
Hehe. They bought it for the virtual machine ;) Lately they've been owned by the scene groups. We'll see what the next version will bring up-front :D...

..... thats just stupid. Asprotect VM is nothing special, never was, and I was under the impression that SF had a ring 3 VM from looooong ago. Besides, anyone and their mom can crack Asprotect :rolleyes:

Synaesthesia
06-10-2007, 19:11
True. Perhaps they've found something interesting, some hidden potential in it that only time will reveal :D I'm not so sure you can reverse with ease ASPR v2.4 SKE (yes, it does exist)...

caki
06-10-2007, 19:20
No I'm just a stupid noob who struggles to unpack cexe with debug.com. But thats not the issues here. The point I am trying to make is that the SF devs would have to be retarded to fall down to the security level of ASPR.

Synaesthesia
06-10-2007, 19:48
Here: http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=83&id=1097

Anyway, this is going too far, lol. Stick to main thread - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :D Sun, out...

caki
06-10-2007, 19:57
I've never denied that Aspr was purchased by Starforce.................

Synaesthesia
06-10-2007, 21:16
Just in case you were looking for tips on "why the devs would buy such a thing" ;) Chillax...

caki
06-10-2007, 21:20
Just in case you were looking for tips on "why the devs would buy such a thing" ;) Chillax...

I might be retarded, but I don't see a single thing in that article where Starforce is saying why they bought ASPR...

sheep
06-10-2007, 23:24
man.. again not trying to be offensive.. but from this little discussion its clear you have no idea what your talking about sunbeam (u slip back into that old habbit of chatting shit that noobs would be scared of when u drop names here and there but ur not dealing with noobs and you make yourself look VERY silly).. as tippex says your trying to compare protections that are generations behind game protections, such as armadillo.. are u so niave to think that these arent a young crackers FIRST port of call? ive reversed (NOT CRACKED that would imply distribution) all of the protections you have mentioned above and your trying to compare them to the complexity of STARFORCE thats just nonsensical.. ALL i ask is that u show a little proof.. shit.. id settle for a nice sd3 explanation of what its actually protected by.. how the encryption routines work, and before you go on about well, i might not know what it does, ive got dlls i created to reverse and dump doom3 so unlike you with all your talk i can prove what ive done. SHIT!! id even settle for an edited DLL (im sure u will find which one) that removes the debug protection, which is actually ur first task in the reversing process, get this far.. ill be super impressed.. and this ISNT cus its SHEEP asking u to do it.. its as simple as u backing up ur own bullshit of (ANYTHING I WANT TO DO I CAN!!!) so go to it mitnik.

apache-
07-10-2007, 00:26
@apache: Dude, instead of talking to us about your business, you'd better correct the typos on main site T_T -> "MAKE SURE YOUR REGISTERED...OR YOU WONT..." in the flash "screener"...

http://i20.tinypic.com/dgtond.gif

So what if it's flash and you can't find a way to use an apostrophe? Thought you were smart ;)

hehe, anyone who really knows me , knows i dont give two fucks about what anyone else thinks of me or my grammer or absolutely anything, so your telling me that because there is no apostrophe there you cannot comprehend what it says?..uh-ho no apostophe..must go no further ..stop!! call the grammer police..ha! :rolleyes:so funny man, if the only think you can get me on is a few missing commas and apostrophe's then iam doing ok :p

Synaesthesia
07-10-2007, 00:43
I didn't play Doom 3 (ever). I don't do grammar, it was aimed at a different thing - when people report flaws in your work, you ban them (or was that just cuz I am sunbeam the noob?). "Anyone who knows you" - you people act like a retarded closed-up invite-only "community". Whenever one of you says something, there's 3 others to back that one up, even if 100 others think you are awfully wrong. caki, stop twisting my words, and just read the article - it might not state why they bought ASPR, BUT IT STATES they did BUY it - which is the first thing you doubted when I opened the discussion T_T. Seriously, why would a game protection company buy another protector's patents? Just for fun?...

TippeX
07-10-2007, 01:22
bought it for compression, cos they dont seem to be upxing anymore....

sheep
07-10-2007, 01:57
erm.. sunbeam.. i didnt play doom3 EVER either.. not in the sense of actually PLAYING it, i imagine very few reversers do play the games they inspect because for us its the protection that is the game not the game itself. You dont even need to RUN the GAME, being able to get your dump to the main game menus would be enuff, not for a working 100% project but enough to prove you knew what u were doing so u wouldnt even need a computer capable of running it well. So ill say no more on the matter until ur report lands on my desk :)

Joe Forster/STA
07-10-2007, 05:02
@Synaesthesia: This is NOT the Chat forum so, please, stop the off-topic chatting!

caki
07-10-2007, 10:24
One last post Joe, then I won't come back to this thread ever again.

caki, stop twisting my words, and just read the article - it might not state why they bought ASPR, BUT IT STATES they did BUY it - which is the first thing you doubted when I opened the discussion T_T. Seriously, why would a game protection company buy another protector's patents? Just for fun?...

I've never denied that Aspr was purchased by Starforce.................

Thats not necessarily because of protection quality... could be they wanted tips on licensing, or compression...

TippeX
07-10-2007, 10:38
heh good points ;)