PDA

View Full Version : safedisc r5

jpn
30-01-2001, 12:37
Perfect copy detected safedisc r5, how can I make a copy of this cd? (Encarta 2001)

crispy
31-01-2001, 05:52
GIVE MORE INFO!!!!!!

What burner you have, and what burning progs you run.

Difficult to help without all the story.....

jpn
31-01-2001, 06:29
I use a Plextor 8/4/32 with CloneCD2.8.4.2.
It's possible to copy the cd, but when you try to install from it, it has problems with reading and installing fonts (no permissions)

crispy
31-01-2001, 06:43
Sounds kinda odd mate. Not copied Encarta myself so can't be 100 % but it sounds strange. Can you just check that there is a file.exe and a file.icd on the original. I didn't think Microsoft used safedisc protection?
If there is and you've read and written the cd with nowt ticked, then you could have a bad read/write. Seems strange that it will install mostly save for the fonts.

Thor
02-02-2001, 05:27
i'll give you the way i used and it works
first copy all files from the cd to a dir
then use the unsafedisc 1.5.5 on the .icd file
(if you don't have it go to www.csir.cbj.net this is r!sc site and download the unsafedic 1.5.5 look into the dir where you copied the cd there are 2 files with the same name one is a .exe the second one is a .icd
launch unsafedisc choose the .exe then the .icd )
and in few seconds it create a testme.exe
suppress the .exe and rename testme.exe to the orginal name burn the cd with the same label as the original and anjoy for the other cds copy them with no error correction (it work fine with nero but if you preffer clonecd it works too)

i hope that i have been clear if not tell me
have fun

crispy
02-02-2001, 07:07
That will certainly work, but CloneCD and plex 8432 should handle safedisc with no problems. I would be more concerned as to why your original backup won't work. It still sounds as though you have an unrelated problem to safedisc. An incorrectly copied cd will not load after install (the game.exe file is encrypted and cannot be decrypted so will not run) not fail to install.
This error over permissions sounds more sytem related, mate. Certainly try Thor's suggestion but I think you'll get the same probs mate.