PDA

View Full Version : *#@*ing BlindRead!!!!!!

Jam
01-12-2000, 18:22
I'm getting ####ed off trying to copy Pc games through BlindRead,is there any other programmes out there that will copy protected games and do a nice easy 1on1 copy without all the bollox in between.

Or if any1 could tell me how to use BlindRead and an accompanying programme together,that also mite help.

Ta

Jam

crispy
02-12-2000, 02:49
Hi matey.

The best program for copying PC games is CloneCD. BUT, your burner must be capable of DAO RAW writing. I don't want to bore you with what that exactly means, except that if it does, you can copy 99% of titles out there. The only titles that we are having trouble with is some of those protected by safedisc 2. (C&C red alert 2).
Go to www.elaborate-bytes.com
This is Clone's home site where you will find compatibilty info. There are plenty of sites out there where you will find slightly older (but fully working) versions of this wonderful prog.

Hope this helps.........

Sotiris
02-12-2000, 03:10
BlindRead+BlindWrite works fine for me. Since I don't know what CDR you have I can only give some general advice.

BlindRead:
~~~~~~
1. Enable "adapt speed" 1x to max

BlindWrite:
~~~~~~
1. Ignore any "This drive has not been validated" message.
2. Choose SAO RAW as writing method (DAO RAW is supported by few drives, and SAO Cooked can't copy protected CDs).
3. *IMPORTAND* Uncheck the "test" box!!! It seems silly, but a lot of people forget to do this in order for the CDR to really burn the copy!
4. Try lowering the write speed.
5. If the burned CD is not ejected at the end, wait for 1-2 minutes and reset your PC. The copy should work.

If nothing works try cloneCD ;->

Jam
02-12-2000, 15:50
BIG UP 2 THE MASSIVE

!!!ARITE!!!

CHEERS PIPS 4 THE INFO

TA

COMPLETE COMPUTER MONKEY
JAM