PDA

View Full Version : PSx2 dvd game backup up to dvd-r

OSIAS
04-05-2002, 13:02
From surfing your forums I am gathering that making a backup copy of a psx2 dvd game to a dvd-r and booting it up with a ver1.0 w/ modchip is quite possible. And that their are two utilities required to do so.

Since the cost for dvd-r is quite high i want to verify the proper steps before i go making more expensive coasters.

So can somebody hit me back with the utilties needed to do so and where to get them and how the setting should be. I really appreciate it. Also one last note from what i gather since it is a dvd game it has not protection on it because they are dvd's and barely anyone has a burner correct? Well Thanks !:cool:

sm83
05-05-2002, 20:09
you will find excellent tutorials here:
www.psxcopyworld.co.uk

OSIAS
06-05-2002, 08:46
Hey alright i have already been their my problem is this.

i have burned gta 3 which i own and burnt with nero ... i have
usb modchip. from modchip.com... i have several version of gameshark ver 1.3 and 2.0 but i can not get my backups to load.

from what the tutorial says on the site above it will only load with gameshark ver 1.7 or 1.9 .. so i take it this is the problem . but they said that is with the neo2.x chip though. sorry i am getting confused with all the chips out their and also on all the sites that sell modchips they all claim to boot dvd-r backup for the psx2 and they give with their chip gameshark ver 2 which i have so i am confused.......

look money is not the issue obviusly because i own a dvd burner, but i just want a rig that works without to much hassle, and plus i can not seem to find anywhere a gameshark ver 1.7 or 1.9 anyone know where i can get it. also i am already chipped but anyone know where i can just buy an entire bundle chip and boot software that will work for what i am doing. I think my ship could be old.. what chips would someone recomend. are their any that you can just chip your system and it will just load whatever you want yet ?

well if someone could get back to me i appreciate it, thanks...

sm83
06-05-2002, 09:12
do a search in the ps2 forum and you should find all your answers there.

podunkviller
06-05-2002, 11:52
ya, charlie ps2 and dust2dust will hook ur ass up