Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games

Old 11-12-2005, 10:24

bob58 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rax369
The only I think I wonder, is why nobody in GCW test the stuff released before posting it. I mean, would be a good idea doing that and will avoid problems for uploading there useless stuff.

In that mini image u cannt even C its contents, so may be what lots of people R saying around the net is right. That mini image is corrupted. But in the other hand there is the possibility that obviously that's just another FAKE!

Hopefully a REAL mini image will be released soon. And only may be... coz' this ****!Ng protection (SF) is beign a really pain in the A55
moreover we could find a fake no-cd patch with a Trojan
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2005, 14:28

spybart is on a distinguished road
Is it possible to disable your CD drives from the BIOS instead of disconnecting them and be able to play the game that way?
Old 11-12-2005, 15:22

rax369 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spybart
Is it possible to disable your CD drives from the BIOS instead of disconnecting them and be able to play the game that way?
I already tried that, but not even doing that u'll have luck (try it if u want, may be u'll be the lucky guy of the block).

Coz' in mine that didnt work. It's impressive. If not even the BIOS is detecting the IDE Devices @ boot time, why the hell this ****!ng protection doesnt run the game.

Definitely this protection is being a pain in the ass even for recognized gurus out there, since no consistent solution to this annoying step (unhooking the cables) has been found/released yet.
Old 11-12-2005, 21:37

Anti669 is on a distinguished road
You can disable it in the device manager IF you have no hard drives on the same IDE controller (eg if you have a SATA HDD) - Disabling the drive doesn't work, but disabling the IDE controller to which it's connected will.

Also, if you're having trouble getting it working, make sure you're using the right CD key... I think the European DVD version and the US 3CD version require different keys.

On a related note... Starforce protection is also preventing a gore patch for the European version. Outside the US, dismemberment is removed from the game, and the difference is in the game exe. But Starforce prevents you from changing the exe. I've got the US exe, but until I have the US versions of...
-The Starforce exe
-The Starforce dll
-The CD key
-An image/mini-image of the US play disc
...I can't work this out.

PS. With my IDE controller disabled, the DVD image mounted in DT4 with NO emulation, and NO Starforce blockers running, the game starts fine.

Last edited by Anti669; 11-12-2005 at 21:52.
Old 11-12-2005, 22:11

Grumpy is on a distinguished road
@Anti669
Quote:
make sure you're using the right CD key
You should be using the CDkey that came with your original game!?
Please dont discuss CD Keys here, asking for CD keys is against forum rules, and technically this is what you are asking for but in a round about way!
Old 11-12-2005, 22:22

Sorry... Not asking for one - as I said, I've got the game working fine.

Just thought I'd mention it, as it's something that came up while trying to enable gore in the EU version.
Old 11-12-2005, 22:49

Grumpy is on a distinguished road
When I find out a game is edited, I return it to the shop and tell them exactly why I am returning it. I tell them it is an edited version and as an adult I expected a game that is not edited.
I then contact a friend in the US and he purchases the game for me and posts it over. Yes it takes longer to get the game but at least I end up with the 'full' game as it was meant to be.
Until Australia changes some gaming laws, and brings in an 18+ classification then we are always going to get edited games.
Did you realize that Halflife 2 was very nearly stopped from being released here! This is because most other country have a 17+ rating on it and our rating system only caters for 15+. So if a game is not suitable for under 15 year olds then it wont be released.
Australia may be a great country in a lot of ways but we are very behind in some things.

P.S: I also have a good friend who owns the local game shop here and he can also import games from the US for me, but in most cases it is actually cheaper for me to buy them from my friend in the US. And yes I do realize I can buy it over the net (like ebay) but if you have friend in other countries you may as well make the best of it.
Old 11-12-2005, 22:58

It's a real pain in the ass, I know... we really need an 18+ rating over here.

What I don't understand though, is that Two Thrones uses exacly the same animations as Warrior Within, yet that didn't get censored. I wonder whether the version reviewed by the ratings board was even the censored... I can see absolutely nothing in the edited version to justify a MA15+ rating.

But banning Half-Life 2?? That's just insanity...
I actually read some guy complaining that it was unsuitable for his eight-year-old kid, not because of the violence, but because of the "sexual innuendo". Claimed "Alyx is dressed indecently, and she kept staring at Gordon's crotch" .
Old 12-12-2005, 06:26
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Poor guy, with the Half-Life 2 sexual reference problem... I think an eight-year old boy knows much more about sex already than his father does. Kids today, eh!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 12-12-2005, 17:59

boondawg76 is on a distinguished road
POP-The Two Thrones-How to Play

To clear up some peoples problems, heres how to play the game with no cd/dvd

-Install image with daemon 4
-Manually disconnect all cd roms/dvd roms from your tower
-Restart computer
-Using Daemon, mount the POPT2T.MDS file that comes with the unpacked image
-Select play game from the menu that comes up(cannot play from starting the game from the game folder)

That is all...verified
Old 12-12-2005, 19:10

You should be able to run it from the launcher app (PrinceOfPersia.exe) but not the game exe (POP3.exe).

And you can disable the IDE controller in the Device Manger rather than unplugging the cables, but I'm not sure if you can do this if you're using a ParallelATA hard drive (with a SATA HDD you should have no problems).
Old 12-12-2005, 21:07

rax369 is on a distinguished road
That mini image posted in GCW, should be removed as it's not even close to work. IT'S A TOTAL FAKE.

I havent heard of somebody beign able to run the game by using that fake-image. Doesnt have sense to keep posted that file there, saying that it's the mini image. The files in that 'mini image' cannt even being read once it has been mounted. So how the hell it's supposedly to work if not even the files can be read/watched once it's mounted.

If some of u guys, have managed to find/make a mini image for this game let us know PLEASE.
Old 12-12-2005, 22:20

At least they pulled that CORE NoCD off Megagames... it was just a spyware installer with the GUI (and MIDI track) from a Technic rip...

I was talking to someone who claims he has a mini image - if it works, I'll be sure to submit it to GCW.
Old 13-12-2005, 02:50

tugocan is on a distinguished road
İ have read all pages but can any one tell me how can i play in laptop cuz i dont have any removable device and i used starforce nightmare and starf**k but doesnt work
I have a DVD copy and when i try to run the game it say " put your POP3 cd/dvd in to another drive " i tried all the way but i didnt play

Can any one help me with this situation ?
Old 13-12-2005, 03:00
Banned

DABhand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti669
You can disable it in the device manager IF you have no hard drives on the same IDE controller (eg if you have a SATA HDD) - Disabling the drive doesn't work, but disabling the IDE controller to which it's connected will.

Also, if you're having trouble getting it working, make sure you're using the right CD key... I think the European DVD version and the US 3CD version require different keys.

On a related note... Starforce protection is also preventing a gore patch for the European version. Outside the US, dismemberment is removed from the game, and the difference is in the game exe. But Starforce prevents you from changing the exe. I've got the US exe, but until I have the US versions of...
-The Starforce exe
-The Starforce dll
-The CD key
-An image/mini-image of the US play disc
...I can't work this out.

PS. With my IDE controller disabled, the DVD image mounted in DT4 with NO emulation, and NO Starforce blockers running, the game starts fine.

Why would you have the US .exe?

Do you actually have the original?