Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Old 29-01-2018, 03:31
Conversions & UCC Creator

vollachr is on a distinguished road
UCC v41.3.2 Hotfix So Far...

Well, it seems there's no better testing than actually using...

I just found another small bug in UCC v4.1.3.2.

Nothing serious, just in ISO creation, when UCC ask if you want to select a folder other than the default one, if you answer NO (n) UCC still ask to select a folder instead of proceeding to use the default location.

Pressing CANCEL though will get it to use the default location so it's a minor bug.

But another one to the list for the hotfix I need to release sometime soon.

Here's the complete list of bug fixes and changes so far for said hotfix:
  1. Bug Fix: Splitter sometimes produced an error when the data archive is very large (at least 25GB) because it didn't have enough time to be written to folder completely when the splitter operation started.
  2. Bug Fix: Fixed bug that effected folder names and autorun.inf labels when LabelSuffix wasn't set in Settings.ini.
  3. Bug Fix: Fixed bug that caused UCC to ask for ISO location selection even though the user selected to use the default location for ISO files.
  4. Bug Fix/Compressor Changes: Removed FAZIP.exe from UCC since it had some sort of clash with the arc.exe and caused the default freearc methods (m2, m3, etc.) not to work, it is also not needed as FreeArc can handle all methods used by FAZIP (i.e. delta, 4x4, exe, exe2, mm, etc.) by itself.
  5. Script Improvement: UCC will now search for known illegal file/folder name characters (?)(*) in the Discs# variable and replace them with the HASHTAG (#) sign to prevent errors.
  6. Script Improvement: UCC will now check if the option Discs# in Settings.ini is left blank and if so will set it to use the HASHTAG sign (#) as placeholder to prevent errors.

Last edited by vollachr; 01-02-2018 at 04:57. Reason: Updated list of changes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (29-01-2018), mausschieber (29-01-2018), pakrat2k2 (29-01-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 31-01-2018, 06:56

I'm having a weird problem, I can't figure out if it's a problem in UCC v4.1.3.2 or something specifically with my computer, but when I use UCC to compress files using freearc's internal compression methods (m2,m4,m7, etc.) my arc.exe keeps crashing, it doesn't happen with method m0 though which is store only and it doesn't happen with external compressors (srep+lzma for instance).

Can someone test it out and tell me if it happens for you as well?

Thank you.
Old 31-01-2018, 08:37

felice2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr View Post
I'm having a weird problem, I can't figure out if it's a problem in UCC v4.1.3.2 or something specifically with my computer, but when I use UCC to compress files using freearc's internal compression methods (m2,m4,m7, etc.) my arc.exe keeps crashing, it doesn't happen with method m0 though which is store only and it doesn't happen with external compressors (srep+lzma for instance).

Can someone test it out and tell me if it happens for you as well?

Thank you.
FA in default reads the configuration of external compressors "arc*.ini" in the same path as the executable, in case you want to use the levels of internal compressors, it is advisable to exclude the reading of the external configuration "arc.ini", adding at the end of the command there option "--config=empty".
In this way you avoid the reading of the external configuration of the compressors, leaving the inside ones.
Code:
Arc a -ma9 -ds -lc1024 -ld1024 -ep1 -di -i2 -ed -r -s; --config=empty -w"C:\Temp" "Output" -m3 "Input\*"
Personally in this way I have always solved using my configurations, activating and deactivating the switch, you can try and see if it works.

Last edited by felice2011; 31-01-2018 at 08:43.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felice2011 For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (01-02-2018), vollachr (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 04:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by felice2011 View Post
FA in default reads the configuration of external compressors "arc*.ini" in the same path as the executable, in case you want to use the levels of internal compressors, it is advisable to exclude the reading of the external configuration "arc.ini", adding at the end of the command there option "--config=empty".
In this way you avoid the reading of the external configuration of the compressors, leaving the inside ones.
Code:
Arc a -ma9 -ds -lc1024 -ld1024 -ep1 -di -i2 -ed -r -s; --config=empty -w"C:\Temp" "Output" -m3 "Input\*"
Personally in this way I have always solved using my configurations, activating and deactivating the switch, you can try and see if it works.
Well, what you suggested does seem to work.

But since all external compressors are defined in the arc.ini file... Well, it seems to suggest that the issue is related to something in my arc.ini file, I'll have to investigate it.

Last edited by vollachr; 01-02-2018 at 04:40.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:18

UCC V4.1.3.2 Hotfix is now Released!!!

For details & download please see the OP.

Also updated a little bit the Tutorial PDF and wiki.
The Following User Says Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 05:59

felice2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But since all external compressors are defined in the arc.ini file... Well, it seems to suggest that the issue is related to something in my arc.ini file, I'll have to investigate it.
Check the appropriate use of "Fazip", in the case of the use of the internal compressors of FA, the configuration of Fazip in the *ini file, can generate an FA crash.
Let me know how you solve, I do not have time to rehearse.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by felice2011 View Post
Check the appropriate use of "Fazip", in the case of the use of the internal compressors of FA, the configuration of Fazip in the *ini file, can generate an FA crash.
Let me know how you solve, I do not have time to rehearse.
I just removed FAZip altogether, it wasn't doing anything that FreeArc couldn't do on it's own and it was causing all sorts of problems.

Anyway, I've copied the usage and arc.ini entry for FAZIP from UltraArc so on paper it should have worked.

And it worked to be honest, by itself, as long as it wasn't combined with other compressors.

And of course it caused the issue with the Arc.exe internal compression methods.

So I decided to just remove it, too much trouble for not much gain.
felice2011 (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 09:01

Announcement: Added CIUv2.0.5g Support Attachment in OP

See CIUv2 Arc.ini Section at top of OP for full details.

In short:
  • The attachment is called CIUv205gUCCAddon.rar
  • It includes edited arc.ini file with the needed changes for UCC support
  • It includes necessary dll/exe files from UCC for the CIUv2.0.5g Include/Addons folder.
  • Just extract it into your CIUv2.0.5g folder and overwrite files and you're done.

Enjoy!!!
pakrat2k2 (01-02-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 09:14

Working on a small update that adds a minor new feature to UCC, version number will not change.

Details:

Quote:
UCC v4.1.3.2 Update 1
  • New Feature/Script Improvement: Added automatic media size detection function for when CLSDiskspan=y, no more need to select size in the diskspan size menu (The menu no longer display if DiscType option is set correctly in Settings.ini, size is defined by DiscType)
  • Bug Fix/Script Improvement: Fixed diskspan script, it now handles file exclusions normally without the need for previously implemented workaround.
  • INI Changes: Moved CLSDiskspan option from Data#.ini files to Settings.ini since using diskspan forces only single data (multi) archive creation, it make more sense to have it centralized as a single master switch in the Settings.ini file.
  • Bug Fix: Browse window no longer fails to load when GameTitle option have a single quote anywhere in the game name (e.g. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut)
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that caused CLSDiskspan to always show the FreeArc encountered an error message at end of compression, even though there was no error in compression.
  • Script Optimization: Some minor script optimizations like removal of unused lines.
More Information:

If everything work correctly than when CLSDiskspan=y, UCC will perform a check before displaying the DiskSpan size menu to check if DiscType option in Settings.ini is set to either DVD5, DVD9 or BD25, if it is than UCC will set the size for DiskSpan accordingly, if it isn't set to one of the above UCC will continue normally and show the user the DiskSpan size selection menu.

Also, DiskSpan should now be handling the exclude function from the Data#.ini file correctly without the workaround I created before when I couldn't get it working right.

That said, diskspan still ignores the Include and all language specific Include/Exclude options since diskspan is used to just compress the entire game folder AS IS into split multi file archive.

Last edited by vollachr; 07-02-2018 at 07:30. Reason: Updated Changes List & Information
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
mausschieber (06-02-2018), pakrat2k2 (06-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 03:19

Quote:
Working on a small update that adds a minor new feature to UCC, version number will not change.

Details:

Quote:
UCC v4.1.3.2 Update 1
  • New Feature/Script Improvement: Added automatic media size detection function for when CLSDiskspan=y, no more need to select size in the diskspan size menu (The menu no longer display if DiscType option is set correctly in Settings.ini, size is defined by DiscType)
  • Bug Fix/Script Improvement: Fixed diskspan script, it now handles file exclusions normally without the need for previously implemented workaround.
  • INI Changes: Moved CLSDiskspan option from Data#.ini files to Settings.ini since using diskspan forces only single data (multi) archive creation, it make more sense to have it centralized as a single master switch in the Settings.ini file.
More Information:

If everything work correctly than when CLSDiskspan=y, UCC will perform a check before displaying the DiskSpan size menu to check if DiscType option in Settings.ini is set to either DVD5, DVD9 or BD25, if it is than UCC will set the size for DiskSpan accordingly, if it isn't set to one of the above UCC will continue normally and show the user the DiskSpan size selection menu.

Also, DiskSpan should now be handling the exclude function from the Data#.ini file correctly without the workaround I created before when I couldn't get it working right.

That said, diskspan still ignores the Include and all language specific Include/Exclude options since diskspan is used to just compress the entire game folder AS IS into split multi file archive.

So far I'm having problems with diskspan, something I changed (probably related to bullet point 2 above) causes diskspan to spit out a message asking for the location of a file with the extension 002 and the name of the game's folder (e.g. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut.002).

Trying to figure it out now, if anyone got ideas I'll be happy to hear them.

UPDATE

Problem solved, now testing one more time, if it works I'll release the new update later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by vollachr; 07-02-2018 at 05:57.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:33

OK, testing of the changes for the new UCC v4.1.3.2 Update 1 are finished, everything seems to work correctly now.

Here's the (probably) final list of changes (Mostly DiskSpan Related):

Quote:
UCC v4.1.3.2 Update 1
  • Bug Fix: Browse window no longer fails to load when GameTitle option have a single quote anywhere in the game name (e.g. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut)
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that caused CLSDiskspan to always show the FreeArc encountered an error message at end of compression, even though there was no error in compression.
  • Script Optimization: Some minor script optimizations like removal of unused lines.
If nothing happen I expect to release it tomorrow.

Enjoy your day
houcine80 (07-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 07:39

Announcement: UCC V4.1.3.2 Update 1 is now released!!!

New updated tutorial uploaded as well, Wiki updated to match.

See OP for full details & downloads
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (09-02-2018), KaktoR (08-02-2018), mausschieber (08-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 09:19

While I'm far from being able to convert the UCC script to a better scripting language (that will probably take a very long time) , I am working on transitioning UCC to use a different batch to executable compiler, one that allows me to include complete folders and not just files within the executable.

This should make it much simpler to add new compressor, especially for cases in which the compressor have both 64 & 32 bit versions.

That said, this transition requires a complete re-test of ALL compressors in UCC to make sure it all work correctly before it can become a reality, it's a long process and will take some time (especially considering I'm also working on updating old conversions).

Another by-product of this planned transition to another compiler is that the exe (as is, without new compressors) is a bit smaller in size (not by much).

If it works and all is well you can expect the new executable (if/when it comes) to include new compressors such as lolz, bpk, oggre and more.

I'll post an announcement if/when it finally happens.

Don't expect it within the next month though, that's unlikely (unless I can find help to test the compressors).

Quote:
One Compressor Remain that gives me problems, one of the new additions (UELR)

Last edited by vollachr; 16-02-2018 at 07:37. Reason: Updated Status
mausschieber (09-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 05:28

Announcement: UCC V4.1.3.2 Update 1.1 is now released!!!

Bug Fixes Only...

See OP for full details & downloads
Old 13-02-2018, 06:35

Just some small informational updates:
  1. As it turned out, even though I included CLS-Diskspan.dll in the CIUv205 Addon attachment in OP, it didn't work, there's a new compiler.exe available in the CIUv2.5g series therad that fixes it, I suggest you get it.
  2. So far I've completed upgrading 16 of my old conversions to UCC v4.1.3.2 & CIUV2.0.5g Series. That's 35.55% Completed (More Info).
  3. Testing of the new UCC executable compiler (Bat to Exe Compiler) and more specifically if all the compressors works correctly with it is going faster than expected so far. (40.54% completed with no problems) (Status Updates)

Have a great day

Last edited by vollachr; 13-02-2018 at 06:51.

Tags
compressor, script, tool, tools, ucc