Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Old 18-02-2018, 04:01
Conversions & UCC Creator

vollachr is on a distinguished road
UCC v4.1.3.2 Update 2

Hi,

Well, I'm happy to announce that technically-wise, all compressors (including new ones) are working correctly with the new Bat to Exe compiler I'm migrating UCC to use.

That said, I'm still trying to solve a small issue with lolz on-screen output.

Anyway, here's what you can expect (currently) from the next update of UCC:

UCC v4.1.3.2 Update 2

Quote:
  • Executable Changes: Migrated UCC to new Executable Compiler that functions better with file/folder inclusion
  • Compressor Changes: pZLib3 is now using following aliases: (pZLib64,pzlib64,pZlib64,pzLib64)
  • New Compressor: pZlib3 32bit version added (aliases: pZLib32,pzlib32,pZlib32,pzLib32)
  • New Compressor: Bink Pack (BPK) added to UCC (alias: bpk)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor LOLZ to UCC (alias: lolz)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor UELR to UCC (alias: uelr)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor DLZ 32bit & 64bit versions (aliases: dlz and dlz64)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor OGGRE (alias: oggre)
  • Script optimization: Optimized FreeArc compression command syntax
  • New Feature: Pre/Post Commands section added to Data#.ini files, up to 3 commands can be input to execute before/after DATA file compression using CMD commands such as "copy", "MD", "ren" and others (More information on that will be provided when release comes)
Considering adding RZM external compressor as well, maybe others too, taking suggestions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
mausschieber (18-02-2018), Simorq (18-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 18-02-2018, 04:31

Simorq is on a distinguished road
Lolz has faster speeds and a better Ratio.
RzM is very slow. And it has a weaker ratio
Old 18-02-2018, 04:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simorq View Post
Lolz has faster speeds and a better Ratio.
RzM is very slow. And it has a weaker ratio
OK, point taken.

I do have a certain problem with implementing Lolz into UCC, please see here

Maybe you can help?
Old 18-02-2018, 05:20

Simorq is on a distinguished road
Fast: lolz:dt0:tt1:cm0
Ultra: lolz:dtb1:tt16:d2047:mc1023
Attached Files
File Type: 7z LOLZ 21A7.7z (1.24 MB, 8 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Simorq For This Useful Post:
vollachr (18-02-2018)
Old 18-02-2018, 05:39

Thanked 2,047 Times in 721 Posts
KaktoR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr View Post
OK, point taken.

I do have a certain problem with implementing Lolz into UCC, please see here

Maybe you can help?
I think it is lolz related and can't be disabled without editing source of lolz.
Old 18-02-2018, 05:45

78372 is on a distinguished road
lolz isn't stdio, so without that you can't see real progress.

Yes I think you may disable that, you need to make a patch for lolz and block printf function.
Old 18-02-2018, 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simorq View Post
Fast: lolz:dt0:tt1:cm0
Ultra: lolz:dtb1:tt16:d2047:mc1023
Well, I couldn't previously find the new version, so thanks for that.

That said, all these settings do is effect how fast/slow it works, I need a way to completely suppress on-screen output from Lolz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaktoR View Post
I think it is lolz related and can't be disabled without editing source of lolz.
Thing is that kind of weird output I only get when my command include the >nul at the end to suppress the command output.

when I don't have the >nul I get what you see in the picture below (which is also too much output for me but at least constant length)
Attached Images
File Type: png LolZ2.png (31.3 KB, 44 views)
Old 18-02-2018, 05:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78372 View Post
lolz isn't stdio, so without that you can't see real progress.

Yes I think you may disable that, you need to make a patch for lolz and block printf function.
I have no idea how to do that but if someone willing to try to do that or teach me how to do it, I'll really appreciate it.

I really don't need all that clutter on my screen during compression.
Old 18-02-2018, 05:57

78372 is on a distinguished road
Using PE Viewer you'll get what is imported by lolz and from which dll. Then create a dll with the same functions. Then see what is imported by lolz in order to show text. Then patch that function so that it doesn't work at all.

I may patch it for you if I have time
vollachr (18-02-2018)
Old 18-02-2018, 06:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78372 View Post
Using PE Viewer you'll get what is imported by lolz and from which dll. Then create a dll with the same functions. Then see what is imported by lolz in order to show text. Then patch that function so that it doesn't work at all.

I may patch it for you if I have time

I'll appreciate it if you can do that, I'm looking at LOLZ through PE Viewer and I can't really say as I know what I'm looking at.

I did find where it lists the dll files it imports from but I don't know what each functions does, my best guess is the WriteConsoleA & WriteConsoleW functions imported from KERNEL32.DLL have something to do with it but it is a guess.

Even if I'm right and I wanted to, I have no idea how to create a DLL file to continue from here, never done this before.
The Following User Says Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
78372 (18-02-2018)
Old Yesterday, 01:57

A few recent discoveries....
  1. Apparently, FreeArc/Diskspan seems to have a problem with long conversion methods, I'm not sure at what length exactly it starts but at some point if the combined methods get too long it will mistake the diskspan settings (+diskspan:size1:size2) for the archive file name (resulting in archive name "+diskspan:size1:size2.arc").

Note: Of course size1:size2 is just a placeholder for the defined size.

2. Apparently the cls-diskpspan.dll I included in the CIUv205UCCAddon attachment files causes errors sometimes when canceling setup, I will upload a fixed & updated file when I release the next version of UCC, for now, just replace the cls-diskspan.dll file in the Include/Addon folder of CIUv2.0.5g with the original uncompressed file from Razor12911.

3. As for LOLZ, and the too much text output, it appears that when I just run LOLZ directly, without any parameters or files with the >nul switch at the end it behaves as expected, hides the settings texts, the problem only seems to be while it compresses files that it starts spewing out these weird numbers that make no sense and makes things really ugly. SO: Until I can get it patched somehow, LOLZ is, for now, a NO GO for UCC's next version.

Also, here's the updated information for the next UCC update:

UCC v4.1.3.2. Update 2

Quote:
  • Executable Changes: Migrated UCC to new Executable Compiler that functions better with file/folder inclusion
  • Compressor Changes: pZLib3 is now using following aliases: (pZLib64,pzlib64,pZlib64,pzLib64)
  • New Compressor: pZlib3 32bit version added (aliases: pZLib32,pzlib32,pZlib32,pzLib32)
  • New Compressor: Bink Pack (BPK) added to UCC (alias: bpk)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor LOLZ to UCC (alias: lolz) (might get cut out)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor UELR to UCC (alias: uelr)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor DLZ 32bit & 64bit versions (aliases: dlz and dlz64)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor OGGRE (alias: oggre)
  • New Compressor: Added compressor RZM (alias: rzm) (Alternative for LOLZ if it gets cut, won't be included with LOLZ)
  • Script optimization: Optimized FreeArc compression command syntax
  • New Feature: Pre/Post Commands section added to Data#.ini files, up to 3 commands can be input to execute before/after DATA file compression using CMD commands such as "copy", "MD", "ren" and others
  • Bug Fix: Fixed bug that caused redist not to be moved to defined disc folder if MoveRedist option is used when using CLSDiskspan
  • Bug Fix: Fixed bug that caused files from [Common\Files\Misc] folder not to be copied to conversion folders when using CLSDiskspan
A little bit of information about the new upcoming PRE/POST Commands feature:

Quote:
The Pre/Post Commands have the following folder variables available to use:
!MISCFOLDER! = The UCC [Common\Files\Misc] Folder
!GAMEFOLDER! = The game folder selected by the user at start of the conversion (e.g. C:\Games\MyGame)
!OUTPUTFOLDER1! = Final disc destination of the DATA files for SINGLE disc conversions (e.g. Conversions_Output\AC_1xDVD5\AC)
!OUTPUTFOLDER2! = Final disc destination of the specific DATA file for MULTI discs conversions (e.g. Conversions_Output\AC_2xDVD5\AC_1) - The number (1) after the underscore (_) is determined by the variable Disc in the specific Data#.ini file
!OUTPUTFOLDER3! = Final disc destination of the DATA files for use with diskspan MULTI discs conversion, does not include the disc number so don't forget to add it immediately after, like this: !OUTPUTFOLDER3!1, !OUTPUTFOLDER3!2 , etc.
(e.g. Without Added Number: Conversions_Output\AC_2xDVD5\AC_)
(e.g. With Added Number: Conversions_Output\AC_2xDVD5\AC_1)
!COMMANDPATH! = Path of the default custom commands sub-folder, to use custom, non-CMD commands please put the commands executables in [Common\Files\Commands] and use !COMMANDPATH!\Command.exe CommandParams in your Pre/Post Command input
These above folder variables should allow for easy manipulation of file location between the game folder and the various conversion related folders (and vice versa).

A good example:

Code:
PreCommand1=if not exist "!MISCFOLDER!\Manual" MD "!MISCFOLDER!\Manual"
PreCommand2=copy "!GAMEFOLDER!\User_Manual.pdf" "!MISCFOLDER!\Manual\Manual.pdf" /y
PLEASE NOTE: While the Pre/Post Commands were created with CMD commands in mind, I did added an optional folder that you can use to include any custom command executable you want and use it, see above list of variables for details.

Last edited by vollachr; Today at 01:24. Reason: Updated next update changes list, updated Pre/Post commands Information
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (Yesterday), mausschieber (Yesterday)

Tags
compressor, script, tool, tools, ucc