Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > DVD Backup Forum

Old 28-03-2004, 18:27

Comic
Unhappy Need Help...

Hello everyone.
First time here.

I just bought a MSI DVD Write 8x.
I did a couple of backup of DVD movies using CloneDVd and AnyDVD with Memorex 4x DVD+R discs.
They all having the same problem while doing playback on my Panasonic SA-HT95.
For let's say the first 30 minutes or so everything is great then it starts bugging (I get scramble images and it even stops playing).
It stays like this for the rest of the movie.

I first though it was the writing speed, so I forced CloneDVD to write in 4x, but I'm still having the same problem.

Anybody having any idea?

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2004, 04:18

OURKID
Are you attempting to put sticky labels on your finished product??...because this can cause the disc to unbalance or overheat thus causing your problem.
If not try changing your media to a good branded ritek...ie:- traxdata or ridata...not the cheaper unbranded ritek or princo dyes.
Your dvd player is proberly very choosey about which discs it will take...i have had problems with memorex ...apparently even though they are a well known name the manufacture is not that good.
Check to see if your dvd player supports +r reading because that could be a problem as only most of the later dvd players support +r reading.... -r seems to be more supported at the moment....maybe try using a -r disc and see if you get the same problems...then think about a media change
Also try using a different proggie for your backing up...try Dvdshrink (it's free) this proggie will de-crypt,shrink and burn your dvd all in one go..(burns with nero..so you will have to have that proggie)
It will also put a image on your h/d so you can back-up again without have to read again.
Hope this is of some help.

Last edited by OURKID; 01-04-2004 at 04:21.