Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > Sony PlayStation > PSX Games

Old 04-01-2002, 00:36

Sanirnon
Tony Hawk 2

Hello All,
Have tried making a backup of this game and have had no luck. Have tried Clone CD, Nero, and CDRWIN. I have a Hi-VAL 2245 v2.06 burner. Have read many articles relating to this, but still have had no luck. On all three programs while creating an image to my HD the CD read stops at about 50% with read errors. Any ideas would be welcome.. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2002, 01:42

Bobster
Whats your source disk like? If it is heavily scratched or dirty u will have trouble reading it. Give the disk a good clean then try to read it again and if u still cannot maybe u should try to get your hands on another copy. Tony Hawk 2 is unprotected so u should be able to make a good copy of it with CDRWIN or u could use Clonecd if your burner is compatible. Hope some of these ideas help!
Old 04-01-2002, 02:14
Die Hard Member

podunkviller
tony hawk 2 is unprotected??? whoa that blows my mind. anyways, i'm about to start backing up playstation games, and i've seen that the protection utilized on most of them requires a burner that can write in raw-dao with the 96 bytes of subchannel data. i just found it odd that thps2 wouldnt have a bit of protection......
Old 04-01-2002, 07:35

azzsucka
You can just copy THPS2... without any problem... I strongly recommend you use DiscJuggler... That program always works best for me...
If you experience a read error every time you should try to let DiscJuggler replace the damaged data with nothing...
press 'Advanced' tab and check 'Ignore Read Errors'...
that way the game will probably work exept maybe for a small glitch in one of the movies... or maybe even withhout any problem...
Old 05-01-2002, 17:39

Bobster
I would not recomend copying any game with 'ignore read errors' checked, if u do that u will never get a true copy of the game. You would be better off finding yourself another source which u can read 2 hd without errors.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:46
Die Hard Member

NightStalker
I agree with bobster,You should never select ignor read errors. why would you want a backup that sometime in gameplay will fail. Get a different source to copy from.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:41

qweasdzxc
I'm having trouble copying Tony Hawk 2. I copy it to my hard drive using CDRwin and it extracts it into 2 files, 1 .bin 2..cue and the bin file is bigger than the cd. It is around 700mgs. So then it woun't burn onto a cd. Any help would be appreciated. Also, what patching program to use if i want to burn ps1 games to play on my ps2. Thanks
Old 10-01-2002, 01:56

ricohmp7163a
i have burnt this game with no problems i think the game u have is strach or it has bad errors witch the cdrom cant read try using yur burner as the reader>.......