Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > PC Games > PC Games - CD/DVD Conversions > Conversion Tutorials

Old 16-01-2018, 01:15
Conversions & UCC Creator

vollachr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr View Post
As for the arc.ini for ciuv2, I'll look into it, maybe I'll do it.
OK, a little follow-up on that...
  1. From what I could see only versions 2.0.4 by BAMSe and 2.0.5G series have precomp support.
  2. Only 2.0.5G have support for precomp 0.4.6 using CLS, otherwise both versions only support precomp 0.3.8-0.4.3 (no support for 0.4.4 & 0.4.5 at all, that need to be added by script author(s) )
  3. I don't know about v2.0.3.9, couldn't see any precomp files in it.

So, if anyone can test and confirm if the supported versions of precomp in these CIUv2 versions extract correctly when packed by UCC it would be great.

I need to know what if at all needs to be added to the CIUv2 arc.ini

Also, please note I've never used anything other than CIUv2, so I can't say which other scripts will work with which compressor and version, please, if you try to use something other than CIUv2 with files created by UCC, post your results in this thread, good or bad, so we could start compile a list of what work and what not and perhaps do something about it.

Last edited by vollachr; 16-01-2018 at 08:12.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-01-2018, 03:25

Exclamation UCC V4.1.3.2 Coming Very, VERY Soon

Announcement: Testing of UCC v4.1.3.2 is expected to be completed by the end of the week (if nothing happen to delay it).

Here is the possibly final list of changes (Yes, that's 30 lines of changelog below):

UCC V4.1.3.2 ChangeLog:

Quote:
  • Bug Fix: Fixed bug with ISO creation That prevented ISO files from being created correctly (Files wasn't in ISO root).
  • Bug Fix: Fixed bug with ISO creation That prevented ISO files from being created correctly for multi disk conversions
  • Bug Fix: Fixed bug where Precomp v0.4.3-0.4.6 didn't work and produced an error
  • Script Improvement: Improved script handling of conversion output folder selection to make it more simple to understand.
  • Feature Improvement: Changed the way Redist distribution works, will no longer be stored with the Setup.exe & Setup.ico until distributed.
  • Feature Improvement: Updated Redist Distribution to work for Single Disc conversions as well (Missed that in previous version)
  • Feature Improvement: UCC Can now use external lists files in combination with regular Data#.ini file listings (e.g: Data1.ini can use a list file while Data2.ini list files directly).
  • Folder Changes: Changed UCC Default Conversion Output folder name from [Conversion] to [Conversion_Output]
  • Folder Changes: Moved [Common\Setup] and all other none settings folder to sub-folder [Common\Files] (e.g: Common\Files\Setup)
  • Folder Changes: Added Separate (OPTIONAL) folder for additional files (e.g. Extras), now UCC will copy any files in the [Common\Files\Misc] sub-folder to last Disc of Conversion.
  • Folder Changes: Added New (OPTIONAL) Sub-Folder: [Common\Files\Redist] to be used for Redist Distribution.
  • Folder Changes: Changed default folder for ISO files creation, ISO will now be created in [ISO] sub-folder inside the conversion output folder.
  • New Function: Added option for user to define a custom name for the UCC Default Conversion Output folder in Settings.ini (To be used instead of [Conversion_Output])
  • New Compressors: Added Support for new compressors: rep,mm,delta,exe,exe2,4x4 (using FAZIP.exe) & zstd (using ZST.exe)
  • New Compressors: Added Support for new CLS-LZHAM by Richard Geldreich, Jr
  • New Compressors: Added Support for Precomp v0.4.4
  • New Compressors: Added support for 64bit version (Pcomp46)
  • New Compressors: Added Support for Precomp 0.4.5 64bit version (Pcomp45)
  • Updated Compressors: Removed compressor "precomp" (Duplicate of precomp042)
  • Updated Compressors: lzma compressor now make use of FAZIP
  • FreeArc Presets: Updated all presets that used compressor "precomp" to use "precomp038" (Oldest Available) and removed un-needed presets
  • Splitter Bug Fix: Splitter can now recognized if a file is already split when splitting game files and not only when splitting the archived file.
  • Settings.ini Changes: Removed "UseListFiles" option (Moved to individual Data#.ini files).
  • Data#.ini Changes: Added variable "UseListFile" (Replaces "UseListFiles in Settings.ini).
  • Behavior Change: Continuing without distributing the Setup.exe & Setup.ico files when they are missing from [Common\Setup] folder no longer skip distribution of other files (Redist, extras, etc.)
  • Behavior Change: Retrying after compression error no longer ask you to restart from game folder selection, it will now just go back to beginning of compression and try again.
  • Behavior Change: UCC now creates a Disc folder inside the conversion folder for single disc conversions again to prevent ISO creation problems (e.g: Conversion_Output\Game_3xDVD5\Game_DVD) - See 2nd Bug Fix.
  • Behavior Change: Changed UCC compression temp folder, temporary files will no longer be in conversion folders
  • Visual Changes: Changed message for when user cancelled game folder selection to show the default game folder
  • Visual Changes: Changed Start/End "Splash" again so it will look good with the new version number

Last edited by vollachr; 16-01-2018 at 08:32. Reason: Added missing Bug Fix Line
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (16-01-2018), mausschieber (16-01-2018), pakrat2k2 (16-01-2018)
Old 16-01-2018, 07:42

Uploaded new attachment in OP, the new Tutorial for the upcoming UCC V4.1.3.2.

I Recommend you check it out in advance as the wiki will only be updated after release.
houcine80 (17-01-2018), mausschieber (16-01-2018), pakrat2k2 (16-01-2018)
Old 17-01-2018, 01:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vollachr View Post
OK, a little follow-up on that...
  1. From what I could see only versions 2.0.4 by BAMSe and 2.0.5G series have precomp support.
  2. Only 2.0.5G have support for precomp 0.4.6 using CLS, otherwise both versions only support precomp 0.3.8-0.4.3 (no support for 0.4.4 & 0.4.5 at all, that need to be added by script author(s) )
  3. I don't know about v2.0.3.9, couldn't see any precomp files in it.

So, if anyone can test and confirm if the supported versions of precomp in these CIUv2 versions extract correctly when packed by UCC it would be great.

I need to know what if at all needs to be added to the CIUv2 arc.ini

Also, please note I've never used anything other than CIUv2, so I can't say which other scripts will work with which compressor and version, please, if you try to use something other than CIUv2 with files created by UCC, post your results in this thread, good or bad, so we could start compile a list of what work and what not and perhaps do something about it.
Added most of above quoted post to the OP so hopefully no one can miss it, maybe we can soon start compiling said list and do something about arc.ini.
Old 17-01-2018, 06:21

IMPORTANT: I've added a new DISCLAIMER section to the OP, it's nothing big but I ask that you please read it!!!

I'm sorry I had to resort to this, I didn't expect it nor wanted it but some people have no limits and a whole lot of audacity.

I recently discovered another thread on this forum where a user somehow got his hands on my source code for V4.1.2 of UCC (that was back in September 2016 apparently) and posted it without permission, hell, without even asking for permission, furthermore said user edited the script, removed all none essential code parts (Author notes) and replaced all names and credits (Including my own) with his name.

Said user didn't even make a good effort to hide the theft, he included in that thread a screenshot of UCC I took that clearly shows my name.

I of course reported it and the thread was removed to my request, but I need to take steps to hopefully prevent it from happening again.

That said, Since it's a free tool written in batch language I don't have much in the way of legal actions (if at all), I have to count on people good grace to read and follow my terms.

I hope you understand.

Please Note: This have no effect whatsoever on v4.1.3.2 of UCC which is scheduled to be released soon, or any future versions, I do not intend to abandon UCC in the foreseeable future, especially not because of a single rotten apple.

Last edited by vollachr; 17-01-2018 at 06:37.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
Grumpy (17-01-2018), pakrat2k2 (17-01-2018)
Old 18-01-2018, 06:03

UCC v4.1.3.2 Release Announement & New Screenshots

I updated the UCC screenshots in the OP with screens from upcoming V4.1.3.2.

But I'm burying the lede here, the most important thing is this:

Ultimate Conversion Compressor (UCC) V4.1.3.2 is coming TOMORROW, Friday, January 19th 2018.
(Which coincidentally also happen to be the Ultimate Conversion Compressor 2 years anniversary/birthday)

Status updated accordingly in OP.

I'll do my best to get the Wiki updated tomorrow as well but it might take an extra day to completely update it for v4.1.3.2.

Last edited by vollachr; 18-01-2018 at 08:07.
houcine80 (18-01-2018), mausschieber (18-01-2018), pakrat2k2 (18-01-2018)
Old 19-01-2018, 03:42

UCC v4.1.3.2 Released

I'm proud to announce that Ultimate Conversion Compressor (UCC) v4.1.3.2 is now released.

Also, quite a big overhaul to OP.

See OP for details and download
ffmla (19-01-2018), houcine80 (19-01-2018), mausschieber (19-01-2018)
Old 19-01-2018, 06:46

Just a small update...

I've started working on updating the wiki with everything regarding the new version, it will take some time, I'm recreating the entire wiki tutorial while archiving the old tutorial for the previous versions.

The reason for that is that there are quite a few meaningful changes in how the new version works compared to the old versions and creating one tutorial for all versions will be extremely difficult and probably hard to understand.

The new tutorial will be much more detailed and have more pictures, so please be patient, it will be worth the wait.

Thank you.

Also, once that is done, and to "celebrate" the 2 years anniversary of UCC, I am going to convert all my game conversions to use the latest UCC version and post them.

Most of these conversions were never posted here on FileForums and I have quite a lot of them.

Last edited by vollachr; 19-01-2018 at 06:51.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (20-01-2018), KaktoR (19-01-2018), mausschieber (19-01-2018), pakrat2k2 (19-01-2018)
Old 21-01-2018, 08:42

OK...

I'm happy to announce that the UCC Wiki is now completely updated to support UCC v4.1.3.2.

It took a day more than I expected but it's ready.

I also found some mistakes in the PDF tutorial so I fixed them and re-uploaded it.

OP updated accordingly.

Have a nice day

Last edited by vollachr; 21-01-2018 at 08:47.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (22-01-2018), KaktoR (21-01-2018), mausschieber (21-01-2018), pakrat2k2 (22-01-2018)
Old 22-01-2018, 07:03

As promised, I've started converting all my old conversions to use both latest version of UCC, as well as use CIUv2 2.0.5.1g.

First one was posted a short while ago, I'll keep going, I promise to try and post at least one per day till I completely updated all the conversions I created to date (there are over 50, most were never posted on FF).

Check out the first posted updated conversion: Law & Order Legacies by Telltale Games

P.S.
Don't worry, I won't post here for every conversion I post, just wanted to let you know I keep my word and what to expect.

Have a great day
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
houcine80 (22-01-2018), pakrat2k2 (22-01-2018)
Old 23-01-2018, 08:02

I've discovered a couple of small, minor bugs in UCC v4.1.3.2 while working on upgrading my old conversions, both are minor as I said and very rare, so I'm not hurrying to release a hotfix just for these little bugs, if by the time I finish with my conversions I won't find any more bugs than I'll release the hotfix.

If however I'll find more pressing/critical bugs I will obviously release an hotfix earlier.

Please report any bugs you may encounter.

Anyway, these are the bugs:
  1. Sometime when splitting the compressed archive, if the archive is very big (In my test at least 25GB) it will not be done written to the folder when the splitter operation begins, resulting in a split error. (can be fixed by adding more wait time at the start of the splitter)
  2. A small folder naming bug for when LabelSuffix isn't set in Settings.ini
Old 24-01-2018, 08:38

Old Conversion Converting to NEW UCC+CIUV2

As Promised before: Converting My Old Conversions to use UCC v4.1.3.2 + CIUv2.0.5.1g

This post is only here to let you know the list of games and allow for progress checks.

Here's the list of games for which I have conversions to upgrade (Most of which were never released on FF but some were, not all by myself as I worked on them with other people)

Quote:
  1. Act of Aggression
  2. Ankh Trilogy (DONE)
  3. Assetto Corsa (NEXT UP)
  4. Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate - Deluxe Edition (DONE)
  5. Batman Arkham Knight
  6. Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
  7. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (DONE)
  9. Cities XXL
  10. Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Full Season (DONE)
  11. D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Season One
  12. Deponia: The Complete Journey
  13. Evolve
  14. Face Noir (DONE)
  15. Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
  16. Falling Skies: The Game (DONE)
  17. Final Fantasy IV (DONE)
  18. Grey Goo
  19. Grim Fandango Remastered
  20. Law & Order: Legacies (DONE)
  21. Lightning Return: Final Fantasy XIII
  22. Lucius II
  23. Memento Mori Collection (Memento Mori 1+2 AIO) (DONE)
  24. The Dark Eye: Memoria
  25. MOEBIUS: Empire Rising (DONE)
  26. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (DONE)
  27. Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
  28. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
  29. Randal's Monday
  30. Resident Evil HD Remaster
  31. Secret Files: Sam Peters (DONE)
  32. Secret Files AIO Collection (DONE)
  33. Shadowrun Dragonfall: Directors Cut
  34. Supreme League of Patriots - Full Season
  35. Tales From The Borderlands
  36. The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav (DONE)
  37. The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (DONE)
  38. The Night of the Rabbit: Premium Edition
  39. Transistor (DONE)
  40. Wasteland 2 (DONE)
  41. Watch Dogs (DONE)
  42. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  43. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  44. WWE 2K15
  45. Yesterday (DONE)
Done: 19
Remaining: 26
Upgrade Progress: 42.22% Completed
Extra Conversions Created as Result: 1

Last edited by vollachr; 17-02-2018 at 04:57. Reason: Progress Update
Old 24-01-2018, 08:58

Thanked 6,949 Times in 2,507 Posts
pakrat2k2 is on a distinguished road
wow, thats some list !
Old 24-01-2018, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakrat2k2 View Post
wow, thats some list !
There are actually a few more conversions that I either only did the compression or only did the setup design for, which is why they are not in that list since I can't post them if I don't have the complete conversion files.

But 45 out of 50 is good...

Well, technically there's another one I did recently for myself but it still need some work so it's not there as well.

Last edited by vollachr; 25-01-2018 at 07:11.
The Following User Says Thank You to vollachr For This Useful Post:
pakrat2k2 (24-01-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 05:52

Not a bug, just a mistake on my part that I think you should know about...

Remember the Discs# options in the UCC Settings.ini file, I previously stated that if you don't know the final discs number you can put question marks (?) or hashtag (#) signs there as a placeholder.

Turned out it was only half true, question marks don't work because it is used in folder creation and question mark signs are not legal for folder and file names.

But hashtags (#), Dollar signs ($) or just a capital x (X) will work well.

So Remember, No Question Marks!!!

I learned this the hard way.

Updated the FAQ in OP and the wiki accordingly.

Also, unrelated, Testing the Call of Duty: Ghosts updated conversion compression takes much longer than I expected so it will be ready tomorrow at the earliest.

Last edited by vollachr; 28-01-2018 at 07:00.

Tags
compressor, script, tool, tools, ucc