Go Back   FileForums > Off Topic > Software

Old 19-11-2005, 06:47

Spirit_IN_Black is on a distinguished road
2xWindows

i use windows xp pro with SP2 and i have 2 hd's.i used to install accidentally windows on both drives but i format the hd it keeps bringing the message before i start windows to promt me choose one of the two OS.do u know any way to not bring this message?

There are only two forces in the world,the sword and the spirit.In the long run the sword will always boe conquered by the spirit...
Sponsored Links
Old 19-11-2005, 07:31
Banned

DABhand is on a distinguished road
Right click my computer > properties > (new window) goto advanced tab and startup options, in the new window take off both top 2 ticks. And then click on edit, remove the last line only.

Then restart, it should go straight into windows.
Old 19-11-2005, 11:02

Big Country is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Big Country
My wifes laptop was doing the exact same thing only she has one HHD with one version of WinXP Home installed. So I thought maybe I will try that removing of the line but there was only one line under operating system. Now it will not boot at all. Any ideas how to get that line back in the boot.ini file? I did not make a boot disk for it before this happened and I thought since I have the Windows disk I can do a recover but I have no idea how to do that. When I pick the recover option it just gives me c:\windows. I thought it would actually recover windows but nothing. She is so pissed at me. I might have to sleep downstairs if I can't get this fixed soon.
Old 21-11-2005, 04:25

Spirit_IN_Black is on a distinguished road
thnx guys,it works!

There are only two forces in the world,the sword and the spirit.In the long run the sword will always boe conquered by the spirit...
Old 21-11-2005, 06:40
Banned

DABhand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country
My wifes laptop was doing the exact same thing only she has one HHD with one version of WinXP Home installed. So I thought maybe I will try that removing of the line but there was only one line under operating system. Now it will not boot at all. Any ideas how to get that line back in the boot.ini file? I did not make a boot disk for it before this happened and I thought since I have the Windows disk I can do a recover but I have no idea how to do that. When I pick the recover option it just gives me c:\windows. I thought it would actually recover windows but nothing. She is so pissed at me. I might have to sleep downstairs if I can't get this fixed soon.

You will have to now boot up from Windows XP cd, and choose the repair console and when loaded and logged into windows.

You then type fixboot (followed by enter/return button)
Old 21-11-2005, 08:50

Big Country is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Big Country
Thanks DABhand. Worked. She loves me again. Kinda.