Go Back   FileForums > Games > General Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24-02-2007, 18:26
mfw41 mfw41 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mfw41
The Suffering 'Missing Graphix" problems

I now got problems with the original suffering. When the first cutscene is playing I can't even see more than 98% of the people and the other 2% look like ghosts since you can see through them and the bar doors look is if they are floating since there are nothing enen holding them to the walls since the walls are gone. And when I start playing I can't even see Torque.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I even shut of the PC right I installed just to be sure if this will fix it. Then I tried it at low res then I tried the original exe and that didn't even help.

I played this game on this PC and I didn't even had this problem(just this one problem where Killjoy just appears and disapears when he was going to explain about this test in that room where you have to put out the fires by using the sprinkler system). The only thing that is different is the video card when I played it before the PC had a X800XL video card in it now it has a X1950Pro video card. Could this be the problem?

And on another note I can play Ties That Bind with no graphix problem(just the same problem with the AI not doing their assigned routes)


Okay I just had another idea and tried the game with the crack for v1.0 and that didn't work at all.

Last edited by mfw41; 24-02-2007 at 18:37.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 25-02-2007, 04:38
Joe Forster/STA's Avatar
Joe Forster/STA Joe Forster/STA is offline
Senior forum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hungary
Posts: 9,369
Thanks: 4
Thanked 152 Times in 93 Posts
Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Perhaps, your video card drivers are too old or too new (!)...
__________________
Joe Forster/STA
For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ!
Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-02-2007, 13:42
Alien Firefox Alien Firefox is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 227
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alien Firefox is on a distinguished road
arrr yes im very themilia with that issue

what that is is a conflict it has with directx

some games intend to do something to direct x


the suffering 2 ties that bind is one of these.

now dont bother contacting surreal because they'll just tell you basically that they dont support the game and never contact them again about it.

but anyways

there is one way to fix it that i know of and its abit of a disaster really. and i really wouldn't bother but anyways heres how.


format your computer
resinstall windows xp and the sp2 if you have it

then install your computer drivers video card drivers and sound card drivers and everything as normal.


but heres the trick

install the suffering before you install any other game so install it first.

and it will work perfectly.

what the problem is that sometimes with the riot engine it has a problem collecting some of the information it needs from directx 9 and therefore causes you to get transparent textures.

as far as i know its due to other games.


so just do as i said above and then after you have installed the suffering run it and set it up like resolution and all.

then you can install all your other games.

sorry mate

told you it would suck
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-02-2007, 16:30
Joe Forster/STA's Avatar
Joe Forster/STA Joe Forster/STA is offline
Senior forum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Hungary
Posts: 9,369
Thanks: 4
Thanked 152 Times in 93 Posts
Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Re-installing the operating system, only to make a game work, is a bit brutal, don't you think?
__________________
Joe Forster/STA
For more information, see the FileForums forum rules and the PC Games forum FAQ!
Don't contact me via E-mail or PM to ask for help with anything other than patches (or software in general) done by me, otherwise your request may be deleted without any reply!
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26-02-2007, 12:07
Alien Firefox Alien Firefox is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 227
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alien Firefox is on a distinguished road
i did say that mate

but its the only way i know of to get the game to work
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-03-2007, 19:19
mfw41 mfw41 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mfw41
The PC that I'm playing these games on has been reformated 2 weeks before I installed them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28-04-2014, 22:56
cornoratu cornoratu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cornoratu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw41 View Post
I now got problems with the original suffering. When the first cutscene is playing I can't even see more than 98% of the people and the other 2% look like ghosts since you can see through them and the bar doors look is if they are floating since there are nothing enen holding them to the walls since the walls are gone. And when I start playing I can't even see Torque.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I even shut of the PC right I installed just to be sure if this will fix it. Then I tried it at low res then I tried the original exe and that didn't even help.

I played this game on this PC and I didn't even had this problem(just this one problem where Killjoy just appears and disapears when he was going to explain about this test in that room where you have to put out the fires by using the sprinkler system). The only thing that is different is the video card when I played it before the PC had a X800XL video card in it now it has a X1950Pro video card. Could this be the problem?

And on another note I can play Ties That Bind with no graphix problem(just the same problem with the AI not doing their assigned routes)


Okay I just had another idea and tried the game with the crack for v1.0 and that didn't work at all.
YES!!! I finally fixed the MISSING/INVISIBLE/TRANSPARENT TEXTURES problem. What I did was just delete SettingsDX105 from the registry and then ran Suffering.exe and on the configuration utility I just set everything to the highest settings possible. If that doesn't work for you, try various settings from the configuration utility.

Note: On my particular registry, the SettingsDX105 is located under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Wow6432Node->Surreal->Riot Engine

and not under

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Surreal->Riot Engine.

Either way, if you can't find it manually, just use ctrl+f and type in "Riot Engine" then hit "Enter"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frequently Asked Questions Joe Forster/STA PC Games - Frequently Asked Questions 0 29-11-2005 09:48
Problems Copying Syphon Filter 3 (NTSC U/C) kidxtc PSX Games 7 03-06-2002 10:23
RTWC and the problems you have Riesenhirni PC Games 1 12-12-2001 06:48
PS2 With Neo4, some Teething Problems, anyone help ? UPDATE 2 ! GAZUK23 PS2 Games 1 30-11-2001 11:16
PS2 With Neo4, some Teething Problems, anyone help ? GAZUK23 PS2 Games 1 30-11-2001 04:01



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2017, FileForums @ http://fileforums.com