Go Back   FileForums > Games > General Gaming

Old 24-02-2007, 18:26

mfw41
The Suffering 'Missing Graphix" problems

I now got problems with the original suffering. When the first cutscene is playing I can't even see more than 98% of the people and the other 2% look like ghosts since you can see through them and the bar doors look is if they are floating since there are nothing enen holding them to the walls since the walls are gone. And when I start playing I can't even see Torque.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I even shut of the PC right I installed just to be sure if this will fix it. Then I tried it at low res then I tried the original exe and that didn't even help.

I played this game on this PC and I didn't even had this problem(just this one problem where Killjoy just appears and disapears when he was going to explain about this test in that room where you have to put out the fires by using the sprinkler system). The only thing that is different is the video card when I played it before the PC had a X800XL video card in it now it has a X1950Pro video card. Could this be the problem?

And on another note I can play Ties That Bind with no graphix problem(just the same problem with the AI not doing their assigned routes)

Okay I just had another idea and tried the game with the crack for v1.0 and that didn't work at all.

Last edited by mfw41; 24-02-2007 at 18:37.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-02-2007, 04:38
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Perhaps, your video card drivers are too old or too new (!)...
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 25-02-2007, 13:42

Alien Firefox is on a distinguished road
arrr yes im very themilia with that issue

what that is is a conflict it has with directx

some games intend to do something to direct x

the suffering 2 ties that bind is one of these.

now dont bother contacting surreal because they'll just tell you basically that they dont support the game and never contact them again about it.

but anyways

there is one way to fix it that i know of and its abit of a disaster really. and i really wouldn't bother but anyways heres how.

format your computer
resinstall windows xp and the sp2 if you have it

then install your computer drivers video card drivers and sound card drivers and everything as normal.

but heres the trick

install the suffering before you install any other game so install it first.

and it will work perfectly.

what the problem is that sometimes with the riot engine it has a problem collecting some of the information it needs from directx 9 and therefore causes you to get transparent textures.

as far as i know its due to other games.

so just do as i said above and then after you have installed the suffering run it and set it up like resolution and all.

then you can install all your other games.

sorry mate

told you it would suck
Old 25-02-2007, 16:30
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Re-installing the operating system, only to make a game work, is a bit brutal, don't you think?
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 26-02-2007, 12:07

Alien Firefox is on a distinguished road
i did say that mate

but its the only way i know of to get the game to work
Old 16-03-2007, 19:19

mfw41
The PC that I'm playing these games on has been reformated 2 weeks before I installed them.
Old 28-04-2014, 22:56

cornoratu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw41 View Post
I now got problems with the original suffering. When the first cutscene is playing I can't even see more than 98% of the people and the other 2% look like ghosts since you can see through them and the bar doors look is if they are floating since there are nothing enen holding them to the walls since the walls are gone. And when I start playing I can't even see Torque.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I even shut of the PC right I installed just to be sure if this will fix it. Then I tried it at low res then I tried the original exe and that didn't even help.

I played this game on this PC and I didn't even had this problem(just this one problem where Killjoy just appears and disapears when he was going to explain about this test in that room where you have to put out the fires by using the sprinkler system). The only thing that is different is the video card when I played it before the PC had a X800XL video card in it now it has a X1950Pro video card. Could this be the problem?

And on another note I can play Ties That Bind with no graphix problem(just the same problem with the AI not doing their assigned routes)

Okay I just had another idea and tried the game with the crack for v1.0 and that didn't work at all.
YES!!! I finally fixed the MISSING/INVISIBLE/TRANSPARENT TEXTURES problem. What I did was just delete SettingsDX105 from the registry and then ran Suffering.exe and on the configuration utility I just set everything to the highest settings possible. If that doesn't work for you, try various settings from the configuration utility.

Note: On my particular registry, the SettingsDX105 is located under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Wow6432Node->Surreal->Riot Engine

and not under

HK_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Surreal->Riot Engine.

Either way, if you can't find it manually, just use ctrl+f and type in "Riot Engine" then hit "Enter"