Go Back   FileForums > Game Backup > SEGA > DC Games

Old 24-04-2004, 08:54

tenshadesofgrey
I'm a very stupid person, in need of help...

First off, I'm totally new at ********ing, so I apologise to all you old hats out there if this all seems a bit simple, but I'm a little confused.

I've been trying to make a copy of MvsC2 and despite (I think) following all the guides to the letter, I have enough coasters to open a bar.

The game is packed as an Ace file of 170MB, within which is contained 9 files. The first 8 are 20MB, the last is 14. Each, when un-rar'd, contains an identical Cdi image of 255MB.

My understanding is that I should take the 001 file, un-rar it, take the Cdi image and burn it with DJ and with a dummy file to speed up loading times. The only thing is I can't get it to work.

What am I doing wrong?
Why would there be 9 files zipped if only needed the first? (this bit I'm sure I've screwed up)

Having read through the other threads I know this may seem very basic, but I am desperate to start beserker barraging again so any help would be gartefully received
Old 24-04-2004, 12:16
Die Hard Member

djgarf
when u open file 001 it joins all the files together in the pc memory to create the whole rar archive so u only need to extract from the first file to extract from all
try using alcohol 120% instead of diskjuggler for burning the cdi image.here is a quick alcohol 120% guide
start alcohol 120% and click image burning wizard,next select the cdi file and click next,then set these settings on the next screen - select customise data type from the dropdown box at the bottom,raw dao from the dropdown box for write method,8x or lower writing speed and enable buffer underrun technology if u can but if u cant it dont matter
then click start and wait until it's burnt then hopefully u have a working copy
Old 24-04-2004, 12:50

hrb2k
or you can use CDI2NERO to convert the file to a nero image to burn with nero 5. works for me everytime.
Old 24-04-2004, 15:14

toodlesdc
Re: I'm a very stupid person, in need of help...

Quote:
Originally posted by tenshadesofgrey
My understanding is that I should take the 001 file, un-rar it, take the Cdi image and burn it with DJ and with a dummy file to speed up loading times. The only thing is I can't get it to work.

What am I doing wrong?
Why would there be 9 files zipped if only needed the first? (this bit I'm sure I've screwed up)
Try to just burn the cdi image with DJ, and forget about dummy'ing it at all. No offense intended, but it doesnt sound like you are ready to tackle that step yet. Just burning the image is much easier.

As for 'What am I doing wrong?', that's a little hard to answer because you didnt really detail what you were doing. If you start up DJ, select 'Burn CD & DVD image', choose the .cdi file, and hit start, you should be golden. Id bet you're messing something up trying to 'dummy' it.

as for 'this bit I'm sure I've screwed up', you're prolly wrong there to. If Winrar or whatever didnt give you any errors when you extracted the CDI, then you're doing it fine. Just burn the image with DJ, dont do anything fancy, and youll be fine.