Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > CD/DVD Software & Utilities

Old 30-10-2007, 06:53

friendly grocer is on a distinguished road
1 click dvd copy/clone dvd? which to buy?

I am trying to decide which of the above programs to buy. I tried out Clone DVD on trial and could not figure out how to rid of the Warning at the beginning of my Backups nor could I figure out how to get rid of the Previews of new releases????

The other question that I had, was can this program compress 2 discs into 1 regular disc or am I stll better off to use Shrink and Nero together. I still use Nero 6.6.0.18 as does my bro and we are both happy with it.

I use Any DVD, however simpy don't know enough about the progam to know if and how to go about doing the above questions that I have asked.

Also, I have 1 Click DVD Copy on one of my other notebooks and notice that I can get the Pro version for a Discount b/c of this and so that is why I am posting regarding the 2 programs here.
With 1 Click Pro can I compress a Dual Layer onto a regular disc??

Or do I have to backup onto another Dual Layer? I had tried to do this once on another notebook with Clone DVD and Any DVD using a Verbatim DL disc and had problems and with the price of DL's here I decided to abandon the project and try to back up onto a regular disc and want a good program to do it.
I would really appreciate comments from experienced users, thankyou.
Sponsored Links
Old 30-10-2007, 09:03
'Retired' Moderator

Grumpy is on a distinguished road
I cant comment about '1 click dvd copy' as I have never had the need to use it but THIS thread will answer some of your questions regarding how to set up and use AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2.
Old 30-10-2007, 13:08

Thx Grumpy for the Link, I am going to print it out.
The only question that is still in my mind is whether Clone DVD is capable of compressing a DVD like Shrink does if it is a long Back Up.
At the moment I can't think of a title.....and as well I wondered when I check Any DVD and it reads that it is a DL, can I compress this to a regular Disc. As I mentioned, I tried this once in my BenQ 162I External 16X Dual Layer burner and had problems with the burn and b/c DL's are so expensive I started using Shrink and Any DVD.

I also wanted to ask the question about Clone DVD, I have 3 notebooks and 2 have 1 has Shrink vers. 3.2.0.15, Nero 6.6.0.18 and Any DVD 6.1.9.3 and the second notebook the Regular 1 Click DVD Copy and Any DVD version above and my new model that I am working on now I have Any DVD,the latest version and Nero 6.6.0.18 and I am considering the Clone DVD.
I googled while researching which to buy before posting between 1 Click and Clone DVD and came across a thread that indictated that one could use Clone DVD on 2 computers as long as you were not using them at the same time.

Does any one know if this is correct and how wound I copy the Clone DVD over to my newer one and still have the original on my 2 year old notebook,
I again appreciate experienced comments, thankyou.

(By the discussion here it looks like Clone DVD is the one to remain with, though again I am still uncertain about the use of it and longer movies which is when I use Shrink.)
Old 30-10-2007, 13:41
Banned

DABhand is on a distinguished road
Clone DVD 2 is very good at disc compression, everything can be compressed easily, and you can easily remove languages not needed to help the quality when compressed.
Old 30-10-2007, 19:28

I wondered about the Link that I found when googling that indicated that I could have 1 paid licence for Clone Dvd and install it on a second computer and use it as long as I am not running the 2 simultaneously.

I bought Any Dvd which I use with Shrink and Nero, however would like to be able to use Clone DVD and if this Link that I got by googling is corrrect does anyone know how I take the Clone DVD off my older notebook (3 yrs old) and install it on my new one??

All experienced user comments appreciated.
Ciao
Old 10-07-2008, 06:21

dennyelvis62 is on a distinguished road
Hi grocer ... i've used all the ones u mention ... i would recommend 1 click above clonedvd, because its more user friendly, has better copy quality and less compression is required, also handles scratched discs better too.
But to be honest i seem to use DVDFAB PLATINUM all the time now, as its easy to use, has many copy options , full,split,customise,[u could remove ur trailers easy] plus its darn quick too.
One thing i would recommend to u, is to copy ur discs to a hardrive folder first ... then burn them with wot ever u prefer, it saves on reduced **** ups if something fails.. i lost many discs after i burned em not realising the copy had failed somewhere.. u can check ur copy then before u burn it.