Go Back   FileForums > CD & DVD > CD/DVD-Writers

Old 20-12-2006, 05:04

phil1212 is on a distinguished road
LG DVD problem reading

I have just bought a new DVD writer to replace my old one which died due to my own fault. All seems to be fine except the new drive doesn't read any DL discs I created on my old drive, which is a bit of a pain because I keep all by backups on these discs. They are made by the Traxdata brand and have been 100% reliable while writing and reading on the old drive.

The old drive was a LG GSA-4120B and the new one is an; LG GSA-H22L

Do you think there is a fault with the drive or are these sort of compatibility problems to be expected?

I have looked on LG's site and there doesn't seem to be any firmware upgrades available. However the instructions that came with the drive mention an online firmware update utility available at; www.lgservice.com which I simply cannot find.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-12-2006, 06:09
Die Hard Member

lufcfan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lufcfan Send a message via MSN to lufcfan
Hi,
I've had a look around for you but can't seem to find anything...

To be honest, it sounds as though people are having LOTS of problems with this drive from all over the internet... so maybe exchange the drive for a much better option, i.e. Pioneer 111

Sorry mate,
LUFCfan.
[SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B][COLOR=blue]PS2, [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX[/COLOR] & [COLOR=darkolivegreen]Xbox 360[/COLOR] installs / repairs in [U][COLOR=red]West Yorkshire,[/COLOR][COLOR=red] UK[/COLOR][/U] - [COLOR=#ff0000]Nationwide Service [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]-[/COLOR]Please Contact me by PM for more info[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :)

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=seagreen]360 DVD Drive Fw.[/COLOR] [COLOR=orange]Upgraded/Recovered/Restored -[/COLOR] Bad Flash? No Problem! [COLOR=blue]PM for info[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=yellowgreen]XBOX 360[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]v1.0[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]- [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=red]Samsung TS-H943A [COLOR=orange]w/ iXtreme 1.4 Fw.[/COLOR] :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]