Go Back   FileForums > Music & Video > Media Players

Old 07-11-2005, 23:51

rajesh_khilari is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rajesh_khilari
512MB MP3 Player with FM

I've bought an unbranded mp3 player with 512mb which has FM radio also, on Ebay.co.in. I've tried upgrading firmware. Initially, When I connected for first time to PC I was prompted to put USB mass storage device CD, it said AdfuUd.sys and MSI.CAB cannot be found. The CD along with the player is useless. I had created 5 folder with MP3 songs in the Windows Explorer and dragged and dropped in the Removable Disk. Having done that, the Music menu on the player showed some garbled language (not Chinese) and then now it states only as 'starting'. Now I have given it in a shop to reformat which costs Rupees.500 .

All users read the message posted by mikeeeee

For Mumbai consumers, There are no. of shops in Heera-Panna formatting the device
Sponsored Links
Old 22-01-2006, 11:43

pankajrana is on a distinguished road
RE:512MB MP3 Player with FM

Rajesh was it working fine now after reformatting?
Old 29-01-2006, 01:26

kaiserxoxe is on a distinguished road
Question player completly dead

i bought my player in ebay also. A bougth 1 g player. I have had a lot of problems (restart automatically, loose files,...) so i tried to format. After formating, the player was 512 mb!!!!
I decided change firmware trying to solve and after change fw, the player doesnt work because when switch on, iluminates but there is no menu. I cant change to a new firmware bacause when i try to use "mp3 upgrading tool", i get the message "removable disk is busy, run program after waiting a moment" I think is blocked but the "hold" is not selected.
Anybody can help me, please?
Old 12-02-2006, 14:21

julbriw is on a distinguished road
I am not sure I am having the same issues. I did get 2 on Ebay from 2 different Sellers and both have the same issues!!!!!

I'm able to upload songs that have been downloaded onto my computer from a CD. I am however unable to upload songs that I downloaded from Napster. They are both WMA files. So I am totally confused. Both MP3 players say that there is a Format Error. These were made in China, (I believe). One of them did come with a "User Manual". It does call this MP3 an IP 836AR. Not that that would mean anything to me, I am hoping it will mean something to you!
I don't know what else to tell you????????
HELP PLEASE! My kids won't leave my room until I get this done. And 5 kids in one room is a little tight if you know what I mean.

Julie
Old 23-07-2006, 11:25

H.C.II is on a distinguished road
Looks like S1MP3 type to me....

Visit S1mp3.org

Huge amount of info on these cheap Chinese and some so-called 'Branded' MP3 players there...(Even Sony re-brand the ATJ chip based mp3's.....)

Most are based on the Actions ATJ2085 and 2051 chips with Hynix or Samsung memory....

Lots of F/W and Update proggies as well as Forum with How-To files....
Old 28-07-2006, 13:25

ongy2k3 is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamozza
I have a 512MB Samsung Chip MP3 Player, and I somehow managed to format the thing and now it doesn't work.
I Did The Same Thing To Another Brand Of MP3 Player. The Key To Fixing Mine Was To Insert It Into My Computers USB Port. Opening My Computer, Right Click On The Removable Disk Icon And Select 'Format'. In The Settings For Formatting I Had To Make Sure That The File System Format Was 'FAT'. After Formatting It Would Work Again . Don't Know Whether This Will Work For Yours But Give It A Try.
Old 31-08-2006, 11:50

JLP1964 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation MP3 formatting?

Yeah I bought my two from Ebay. The first one was fine. 2GB Samsung Flash and so far no problems.....fingers crossed....The second one arrived this morning. 1GB

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mini-i-Platinu...QQcmdZViewItem

This is what it looks like. Now, here is the problem. It has 1GB memory.....I have loaded 127 songs onto it, leaving 356mb of space. It will not let me add any more. It keeps telling me that it cannot create/replace this file or directory. I even tried copying through the DOS prompt but got the same message. If I have 356mb of space left, why on earth won't it let me add more songs???
Old 22-09-2006, 15:08

crissi_a2j is on a distinguished road
: I bought me mp3-player from E-bay. I wrote to this man I brought from and he didn't answer.
I Have same problem I succeed to format my mp-player. There is standing that I need the AdfsUd.sys but I haven't this one . What can I do?please mail me...
Old 22-09-2006, 17:54
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Tough luck, I guess, as neither Altavista nor Google gives any results for "AdfsUd.sys"... (Are you sure you spelled the filename right?)

This should be a lesson for you NOT to buy such stuff from "just some person on the Net": if the device stops working (or doesn't even start working when you get it), you'll have noone to complain at...! Obviously, you got no manual or driver disk or URL of official support page etc. etc...

I'm astonished that people keep falling for these online auctions, only to buy something for a few dollars less than if buying them in a proper shop; or buying some non-brand, cheap junk instead of buying a device from a well-established brand (yes, for a higher price but also of higher value, support and reliability)! (Perhaps, preferably, a "physical" shop you can go to, enter, sort through different brands and models of devices, ask the shopkeeper for his opinion and suggestion, and take your non-functional device back to during the warranty period.) Jesus, people, wake up!

(From the proud and satisfied owner of an iRiver H140 with 40 Gbytes of mini hard disk and Rockbox third-party firmware; currently costs about 400 US dollars but discontinued)
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!

Last edited by Joe Forster/STA; 22-09-2006 at 18:06.
Old 16-11-2006, 15:01

Bonk is on a distinguished road
clappy chinese mp3 prayer

purchased a 2gig mp3 player from an on-line auction, unmarked, chinese in origin, looked very nice (black wafer thin jobbie) apparently with a samsung chip.. loaded about 1.5 gigs worth of music onto it.. tried to navigate through the music files on the player only to find that most of it wasn't there! windows explorer said the files were there.. player said they were not.. blah blah etc etc.. after formatting, reformatting, deleting files, adding files and so forth, i came to the conclusion that, although firmware(?) told both myself and my pc that the capacity was 2 gigs, it was in fact only 512 megs.. great.. after having walked away for a few hours and then come back to it, it will now only accept any sort of file transfer after formatting - it will do this every time - only to find now that it has magically transfomed itself into a 2 meg player which is good really because who wants to waste their life listening to stupid music when theirs the washing up to do... ??
Old 02-01-2007, 01:46

pschitnis is on a distinguished road
Hi
I managed to get my 512MB mp3 player working. Incase you want the firmware and instructions to repair the same contact me on my email address pschitnis**********com. Hello this is not a commercial proposal so I will be glad to help out and share my experience to enable to revive your mp3 player.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:16

pschitnis is on a distinguished road
Reviving your mp3 player

guys I have the elusive ADFUUD file. Please see attachment for more info. Send me your email address at pschitnis**********com so that I can send you more info to revive that "stupid" mp3 player. Please note that when you load music, you must leave atleast 2 to 3 MB free for the player to operate well. Otherwise it will hang. Incase this happens, attach it to a PC and delete files.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:00
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Can you, please, post that information here instead? Also, if you zip up the necessary file(s), you can attach them to your post. (If it doesn't work, contact me and I'll try to help with adding the attachment.)
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 14-01-2007, 04:28

spider_Batman is on a distinguished road
S1 mp3 Player

I don't know what's wrong with my new s1 mp3 player. it 512mb player when i format it,player start to show me only 118mb please tell me how can i solve this problem.(I'm not useto with english so plz pardon me for mistakes).i got this player yesterday and today i has this problem plz slove it.

Details:-Wilson co Ltd s1 MP3 player
firmwire version 4.3-51-v1.0

I got at 2007-jan-13 plz plz plz tell me how can i slove it

Last edited by spider_Batman; 14-01-2007 at 04:45.
Old 20-01-2007, 11:36

spider_Batman is on a distinguished road
AM I THE ONLY PERSON HAVING s1 mp3 player with MAIN V0.1 PCB/Motherboard code? IF you have the same PCB code written on chip then it's for you