Go Back   FileForums > Music & Video > Media Players

Old 29-01-2005, 14:40

DrakulaUA is on a distinguished road
Hi, I've also bought a variation off this player at eBay. I haven't got any problem with him. But, actually I live in Ukraine, so I was searching firmware whis cyrillic languages support. So, I'll be pleased if somebody would give me a link with firmware.
Also i would like to know how were you formating your player? Do you mean, that you did it through Propeties>Servises>Format in Windows? If the answer is yes, it just mean, that you had deleted the mother firmwere. This funtion is possible only if instruction allows it, as Play said, or manufacter contents CD whis special softwere.
Sponsored Links
Old 30-01-2005, 09:39

flayfl is on a distinguished road
for the guy in Ukraine ... don't even try to do something ..leave it as it is.

for others.....i'm another one with an 512MB broken mp3 player.
The software who came with mp3 player is a crap!?

I am trying to find software wich let you to flash the flash memory card with any firmware from another manufacturers (themp3 players are all same).... i'm sure it will work but i don't know any software for this.
So if anyone can find this kind of software please let me know.
flayfl********com

i found guys on e-bay who change your software but only if you send it to them and not for free.

------------
another disapointed guy
Old 30-01-2005, 13:57

dolomite41 is on a distinguished road
Help on driver

I just recieved my 512mb mp3 player and i am running Windows XP. THe directions says that it does not need a driver. When i plug it into my computer the device is not recongnizable. There is nothing under "my computer" that shows me that i can transfer music over to it..can anyone help?
Old 31-01-2005, 13:14

avnerd is on a distinguished road
MusicStick MP3 Player w/USB is sensitive to static (ESD)

Howdy,

The 256MB MusicStick MP3 player device that I bought on eBay from China for $50 worked great when I first got it in early January. I just plugged it into my Windows XP machine and it saw the MusicStick as a new drive. I just coped my MP3 files to the new "drive" and was ready to go.

However, my office is prone to horrendous levels of static electricity, and I zapped the hell out of the MusicStick when I took my jacket off and touched my machine's chassis (with the MusicStick connected via the USB extender cable provieded with the MusickStick). My MusicStick won't even turn on anymore, and the machine now indicates that it cannot recognize the device.

That was the shortest-lived $50 I ever spent. I'd send it back, but (being that the device is directly from China and there was no refund policy or corporate address), its not worth the trouble to try to navigate through whatever return policies might exist. I'm going to eat the loss and upgrade to an iRiver H320 or something with a bit more electronic protection against Electro-Static-Discharge (ESD).

--Scott

Last edited by avnerd; 31-01-2005 at 13:16. Reason: spelling an clarification
Old 31-01-2005, 13:29

Leepy is on a distinguished road
Found some a reset program for an "MP-Ki" which looks identical to the one I bought from ebay.

http://www.mpmaneurope.net/product.aspx?product_id=60

I can't get it to work though. Whenever I disconnect the player, it starts up as usual (i.e. in a broken state in which the controls dont work other than recording voice) rather than performing the firmware upgrade. Any ideas?
Old 01-02-2005, 14:29

Kailee is on a distinguished road
Cool Another Victim

I guess MADMAXXX123 has summed up the condition, I also have a 256MB via Ebay that is now a none MP3 storage device that has a string of zzzzs, will not switch on, via battery, will power on if connected to a pc.
Have tried ' other ' firmware options with no success to date.
Still hopeful that a wizard will 'drop a penny' where are all the wizards?
Now what can I try next???
Good luck to one and all, the answer is out there somewhere, just hope it's in my lifetime...so keep me posted on any fix.
Old 04-02-2005, 13:21

This site might have the answer.

http://www.dansdata.com/usbmp3.htm#argh

I've a pretty slow connection so it'll take while to download and try the fix tool. If anyone has some success could they let us know!
Old 04-02-2005, 13:42

DrakulaUA is on a distinguished road
O! Thanks for this link..... But now I'm really afraid to do anything whith it....
My player looks almost like first one on the picture.

But my firmware is surtenly different so I don't know if it would work on my player (according to all previous posts I think not ).
The publisger says that it is based on Samsung flash memory, but I'm not sure if it is true....
Old 04-02-2005, 14:45

No success! My player wont do anything when I hold down the play button for 5 seconds. If anyone finds any other useful links contained in the previous page, I'd like to know.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:54

Kailee is on a distinguished road
MP3 chip

The chip inside my 'player' is indeed a Samsung. Chip has; Samsung 446, K9F2G08UOM. The other chip is AT J2085, DB081AB 6BP. The case is tricky to open. With the battery out and cover removed there is enough give in the plastic it is a snap fit, start lift from the USB plug end then hinges off lifting from the MODE side first, do not want to break the little snap latches.
The fist cct board is held by 4 screws. The chips are located on this board.
Still no point if you know whats inside now.
Regards to all in pursuit of normal service resumption. K.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:03

RubyRed is on a distinguished road
Idea that worked for me

Could not figure this player out at first. Finally, I just tried the drag and drop method from the file to the drive the mp3 player was located. It worked! I do use XP and don't think the driver disc was needed. At least this worked for me.
Old 13-02-2005, 17:30

charic is on a distinguished road
In reply to RubyRed

Hi there ..............I run the MP3 player in exactly the same way, just drag and drop, works every time, no worries.
However, I`m not sure why everyone is formatting their MP3 players?
There seems to be no reasons given?
One of mine had a virus, so thats the reason I carried out a format. But make sure that its either formatted using the software supplied, or if in Windows, then format it using FAT and not FAT32.........so the Guru`s tell me. That particular player was sent back and replaced by the dealers in HK. but trying to fix one player, and trying to copy from another is how I damaged the other (3rd) MP3 Player? So now we still have 2 out of the 3 working, but still waiting to get that magic fix!
I`m almost ready to just buy another one and be done with it. When the new one arrives, the slightest problem, I wont try to repair, just send it back.

Take care
Old 22-02-2005, 03:34

mp3hardplay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by charic
Hi there ..............I run the MP3 player in exactly the same way, just drag and drop, works every time, no worries.
However, I`m not sure why everyone is formatting their MP3 players?
There seems to be no reasons given?
One of mine had a virus, so thats the reason I carried out a format. But make sure that its either formatted using the software supplied, or if in Windows, then format it using FAT and not FAT32.........so the Guru`s tell me. That particular player was sent back and replaced by the dealers in HK. but trying to fix one player, and trying to copy from another is how I damaged the other (3rd) MP3 Player? So now we still have 2 out of the 3 working, but still waiting to get that magic fix!
I`m almost ready to just buy another one and be done with it. When the new one arrives, the slightest problem, I wont try to repair, just send it back.

Take care
Hi to everybody,
i have to agree with charic, many people make updates just for the sake of !

my experience tells me that unless you gave serious problems never and never format the thing ! if you havwe serious problems send it back to the vendor !

i have also seen most of these problems happen with the cheapo chinese players from ebay, i myself fell in to the same trap time ago. the advice i give my members LINK is to stay away from these products !
Old 05-03-2005, 14:51

csm585 is on a distinguished road
Drag & Drop

Yes, I admit to formatting my MP3 too. My problems start following the Drag & Drop method of transferring music files i.e. "windows" open and moving files directly from `My Documents` to the Removable Hard-drive. The MP3 said `Starting......` and never worked again. The ebay seller fixed it (for a nominal fee) and have since only used Windows Media Player 10 (WMP 10) to transfer files with no problems developing again.
N.B. Ebay seller knows how to fix firmware problems but will not publish.
With reference to WMP 10, just add `Library` music files to `Sync` list and press Start Sync. Files are automatically converted to suit your Removable Hard-drive.
NEVER FORMAT just manage your file with WMP 10, easy!!!!
Old 20-03-2005, 14:57

mstrsoul is on a distinguished road
Problem with samsung chip MP3 player

I don't know if this is of help to anyone. I just got a new 512MB MP3 and it started shutting itself off for no apparent reason. I realized that with this player, I had copied multiple folders to it. It can only recognize one directory (besides the root) Once i got rid of the extra directories, it worked fine. For those of you who have formatted, mine was sent to me formatted in FAT16. if you try to re-format make sure you are formatting in FAT16 and not FAT32 or NTFS.