Go Back   FileForums > Music & Video > Media Players

Old 01-01-2005, 13:14

raamozza is on a distinguished road
Question 512MB Samsung Chip MP3 Player - Formated

Hi

I have a 512MB Samsung Chip MP3 Player, and I somehow managed to format the thing and now it doesn't work.

Does anyone now how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Raamozza
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2005, 22:43

charic is on a distinguished road
Samsung stick Mp3 player

Hi.............I`m having the same problem too I have 512 S1 Mp3 player Samsung Stick, I have also formated, in the hope of clearing out a VBS/Saraci virus that came with the Mp3 player

There seems to be little or no information regarding how to reset the player or even too re-fresh the software/firmware.

The translated user manual is crap, there is a remote upgrade program on the disk, but cannot locate some file called DogRUClt.dll, and the other tool: MP3 Player product tool V3.3 seems to be as useless as a chocolate fire guard.

It seems were stuck till we find the link to an upgrade site

Last edited by charic; 05-01-2005 at 23:03.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:44

Firmware?

Are we the only two who have formatted with disasterous effect
My MP3 player is a Samsung stick! no model or serial number although does say MusicStick on the front. If I try to update the firmware using supplied software, the device is not detected and switches off..........then switches back on, after deleting the warning?
Although I say my device is on.........every pixel is on! therefore it appears to be a dark blue/black screen.
Apart from maybe having damaged 30 of MP3 player, and buying a new one, has anyone got any ideas as to where one might be able to find a suitable firmware installer to get this stick up and running again ?
Old 14-01-2005, 01:53

FatmanUK is on a distinguished road
Post Make that three of us

I Have another variation of the same player, Same problem. I folloowed the manual to set up a 5 mb encrypted partion and now the MP3 player is duff. I have had no success in finding the missing .dll shown above either, who ever wrote the flasshing program wants shooting ( no shooting is to good for them)...lol.
Any advice would be greatly appreiciated as it worked quite well for the hour i had it.
Old 15-01-2005, 11:55

madmaxx123 is on a distinguished road
Four !!

Got mine this morning, broke it by lunch!!!!!!

Same problem, found with mine that when I unplug it from the PC, it stays on for a shot time. If while it is still on I press + Volume button it starts to record.....
Cant do anything else... O and the hold button now works back-to-front....

But no other buttons work.

I'm sure we should be able to re-program them ....
Old 16-01-2005, 13:07

carpetman790 is on a distinguished road
Angry

i recieved amy mp3 player and have the same problem as you have it worked untill i plugged it into the pc then it wouldnt turn on until connected and then after it justwas the + button that went to record and alsothe block button was back to front please help me someone
Old 16-01-2005, 14:14
Moderator-out-of-business

Eagle is on a distinguished road
omg !

i can only advise all of you to complain to samsung directly. can't believe this is all just a coincidence.
Old 17-01-2005, 10:14

carpetman790 is on a distinguished road
now im getting a headache

well irecieved e mail today from seller He included simple operating instructios(bit late)he says that as run on xp that driver is not required but no explanation on why it wont turn on unless connected to pc or why when unplugged only the + button works he was only interested in saying i have the hold button in the wrong position.After iyesterdays fun i removed battery for a couple of hours and when tried again the hold key worked in original position once then changed agin WHY? someone must have an answer>

by the way mine does not say samsung but looks similar the one in the picture above and is a 512 black digital mp3 player also with no serial number or model name>I bought it on ebay from hong kong.
Old 26-01-2005, 15:20

dmacka is on a distinguished road
have the same problem, still waiting for a reply from the trader.

anyone have any luck finding dogRUClt.dll yet?

dave
Old 27-01-2005, 08:57

Telephoned samsung UK!

Eagle..Hi

I telephoned the UK Samsung offices recently, who advised me to contact Samsung USA? as they would be the ones who would actually produce the chips!!

However, Ive been advised, that without any model number, or name, its gonna be difficult to fix. further investigation, does show that
mine does have a serial number under a BAR Code which reads......J/H:ON512200488 and its says MusicStick on the bottom of the facia.
But still no joy todate. Looks like might have to buy another
Old 27-01-2005, 11:05

Play is on a distinguished road
If you guys bought your players recently, there should be a warranty still pendig. Read the manual carefully, and if it contains that "..can be formatted" or "Formattable", just bring the gadget back to the store, and they MUST replace/repair it, no cost. If it's not, then...well... Phone tech support.
I have a Fujitsu-Siemens MemoryBird 256MB, and the manual contains, that it CAN be formatted, just like regular HDDs. Never tried it though, but there is warranty for this in this case, if i **** something
Old 28-01-2005, 08:45

Dont Do It?

At least yours has a Brand name ? Mine says "Japan technology" on the side next to a small 512 indication, and says MusicStick on the front, and is sold as a Samsung memory stick.
My son bought the same stick which came with a VBS/Saraci VIRUS installed.....how cute!! That has been sent back, after we formatted that one to. The seller has asked for it back for investigation,(still waiting for replacement) however, I lost the ability to use mine by trying to copy one to another. seems I uploaded nothing to my MP3 player which has left it useless..Might just have to buy another, put it down to carelessness ? Of the 3 that I bought, only one is still working.the 256Mb.....wont be formatting that one?
That aside.I can still format (FAT) and read write to the stick when its connected to USB, as Drive F: but cant switch the player on when in the hand? Also when in the USB port.the Display is Black, as all pixels are illuminated, so cant read anything?
Old 28-01-2005, 08:58

My MP3 looks like this

[IMG]My Mp3 Player[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Mp3 player.jpg (7.3 KB, 54 views)
Old 29-01-2005, 03:53

ryanwain is on a distinguished road
Please if anyone can help i'd be so greatful!
IS there no way we could copy the firmware of another similar MP3 Player onto our broken ones...
As you can see my knowledge of firmware is pretty poor...
thanks,
Ryan

P.S. How many people here bought their MP3s off Ebay?
Old 29-01-2005, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwain
Please if anyone can help i'd be so greatful!
IS there no way we could copy the firmware of another similar MP3 Player onto our broken ones...
As you can see my knowledge of firmware is pretty poor...
thanks,
Ryan

P.S. How many people here bought their MP3s off Ebay?

Whoaa matey.thats how I broke one of mine? Thought I`d be able to copy one to the other, using installer on CDROM.........................I must know even less than you about firmware copying!!!!
I bought 3 from ebay.A 256mb still working, and 2 X 512mb, One of which had a virus detected when connected to a Windows ME installation, and the other broke trying to copy, but a great idea, if someone can do us a program to install, with simple ENGLISH instructions? I`m gonna take a digital pic of my actual player and get it on this site soon? but is very similar to the attachment I`ve already provided.

Chas