Go Back   FileForums > Games > Game Trainers

Old 13-07-2013, 08:28

-sheep- is on a distinguished road
Cloud gaming.. end of trainers??? discuss :)

Hello people!!!

Yes, it is I the mighty bahhhhhh himself.. i turn my back for ... 2 years.. and when i look back everyone has gone???

neways.. hello to anyone who knows me... hates me.. etc etc.. thin line between love and hate so im never sure what side my friends are on at any particular time

I thought i would toss a subject in the air and see if anyone heard it fall in the middle of the woods?? anyone??

so.. what ya think?? will CLOUD GAMING be the future?? and will it take off?

Personally i think the answer is NO!!!! cloud gaming basically puts tooo much power in the hands of these companies.. you dont have the solid copy in your hand to add to any kind of collection.. and lastly server dowing is inevitable.. taking a gaming platform completely online (as we seen with MS sudden shitbird 360 on their DRM decision) is a massive NO NO!! i dont want to play halo 22 on my ipad 15... i just wanna know that when i want to play im not going to have to go online all the time..

If this shit does take off.. it obviously will be the end of trainers and cheating .. back to the golden age of rooting around the backs of magazines for cheat codes to every game... i say the golden age.. it was actually SHIT!! cus no inet.. meant stupid amounts of money phoning america for thier cheat lines oh.. back in the day.. things were simpler..

neways... tnx for listening.. if u feel like it.. drop us an opinion..

P.S im working on a new site atm.. my main trainers are sold through another site.. but there will be LOTS of free stuff aswell.. so keep your ear to the ground

peace.
The Following User Says Thank You to -sheep- For This Useful Post:
Oldbunny (29-01-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 26-08-2013, 19:48

remcodevries is on a distinguished road
i agree

mostly that is

i really really don't like the trend of the last few years where you don't get a hard copy of software you get installed on your computer or that you buy. just some digital software only copy that you have to download again each time your computer hickups and you have to reinstall the os. (gotta love windows lol)

one nice thing about the cloud thing is that with some games they'll let you store a copy of your save game online to be accessed from anywhere that you want and not the game or such. which in my opinion should be the thing to do.

example, you go to a friend and play the game on their computer but with the save game through the cloud system. you save to the cloud again and you can continue at home.

anyways, that's my 2 cents worth.

laterz!
Old 11-09-2013, 18:29

STN is on a distinguished road
Its pretty obvious, the future of cloud gaming is actually pretty dim. Look at what happened with xbox one and on pc look at simcity and EA. I don't know any other cloud games that are released recently.

Somehow i feel this thread was more about advertising yourself sheepy
Old 15-09-2013, 04:44
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
Cloud computing is fine but, in my opinion, clouding gaming will eventually turn out to be another kind of DRM bullshit. When you have the physical media in your hands, and no online activation required, then you can play the game whenever, whereever and however you like. (You can circumvent and check for physical media with a no-CD/DVD patch.) However, when these clouding gaming sites go down - or it stays up but the particular game is "discontinued" - then you can't play the game anymore although you still "have" it.

More and more of your rights are being taken away - just like in the rest of your life - so I recommend that you don't fall for it.
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!
Old 16-12-2013, 10:11

pellik is on a distinguished road
Tons of values and routines will be stored locally and will always be available to modify. Cloud services are usually more about community (steam achievements) and convenience (cloud save) then preventing cheating in single player games. The same tools used to make hacks for multiplayer games can be used to make trainers for single player cloud based games.
Old 27-10-2016, 14:46

devastate is on a distinguished road
I would like to have more information too, because I have similar situation as earlier commentator. I greet you

Last edited by devastate; 09-12-2016 at 08:41.
Old 27-10-2016, 15:27
zeroes and ones.....

TippeX is on a distinguished road
lodere sheep
Old 03-11-2016, 03:07
Senior forum member

Joe Forster/STA is on a distinguished road
I think "devastate" is a spambot.
Homepage: http://sta.c64.org, E-mail: [email protected]; for attachments, send compressed (ZIP or RAR) files only, otherwise your E-mail will bounce back!