Some facts about getting or seeing popups/spyware ads @ FileForums:
- We do NOT show any popups or show/send spyware/adware/crapware ads PERIOD.
- It is possible to get "infected" from ads @ FileForums (or any other site for that matter) as we use third party advertisers over which we do not have FULL control! We check these advertisers regularly and will remove them when they show crap BUT as ads can be targeted to certain countries of region we do NOT always get to see this crap
- If people still think that it is "save" to surf the web without proper protection (anti-virus/spyware/adware/whateverware) that this is plain ignorance and these people should be shot for being stupid, if you do not want to use it then do not complain
If you do get to see popups/spyware ads and you are absolutely sure that they are coming from FileForums, then help us get rid of them as we are totally against them.
To possible catch which advertiser is showing this crap we have created an ad page which shows the possible offenders: http://fileforums.com/ads.htm
Click them one at the time and refresh your page as they are not always showing this ad (they are rotating more than 1 ad) and when you see a popup or something that is not right then do the following:
- Open a Notepad
- Right-click the darkblue part of the page and select “View Source”, copy&paste the contents to the Notepad
- Richt-click the banner itself and select “Properties” (this is not available when a flash banner is shown), select the “Address: (URL)”, right-click and select “Copy”. Now paste the contents to Notepad
- Now goto FileFourms and PM me the Notepad content and everything else relevant: http://fileforums.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=29075
Help us get rid of this unwanted CRAP!