View Single Post
Old 27-09-2017, 12:49
Chayan Manna is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Razor12911 View Post
I think putting games and their methods here is a terrible idea because there are so many of them, the wise solution to this is narrowing down the field, game engines for example or picking games as a series. for example, all Assassins Creed games are lzo compressed, use the method plzo+srep+lzma for all, because listing all the AC series just makes the thread difficult to read or the index you're suggesting.
For example I already see GTAIV and Max Payne 3, next we'll probably see GTAV, what we could have said all in all is pzlib+srep+lzma for all games that use the RAGE Engine which is what they use.
there is the list of games, what people could do is
put an engine with the link on a site like wikipedia that has list of games then put the method that should be used.
Yeah, I agree with you, but there are some games which use same engine but same methods couldn't be applied on them.
For Example: Crysis 2 & Crysis 3 use same engine, which is Cry Engine 3 but pZLib can precompress Crysis 2 & for Crysis 3, the files are encrypted. So they must be decrypeted first before using any compression.
I know this is not a good example but it occurs sometimes.